Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm looking at purchasing a '20 Soul LX Manual. Does anyone know if the procedure for adding cruise and keyless entry will be similar to the Gen 2 models? I did a bit of digging, but didn't find anything related to the topic quite yet. Apologies if I missed it. Thanks, and looking forward to joining the club.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,614 Posts
I've finally noticed part numbers for Cruise Control if anyone with a Gen3 stick shift (manual transmission) is up to the challenge!

Back when Gen2 came out in 2014, our member BillAZ took the plunge & discovered Cruise Control was built into all Gen2 manual transmission Souls (Billaz Add Cruise). Kia simply masked off the steering wheel controller. Buy purchasing the controller & wiring harness & a bolt for about $75 total, a whole lot of us spent about 30 minutes & upgraded to factory cruise (not some horrific 3rd party add on).

The question is if there are any Gen3 MT owners willing to see if the story is the same for 2020? Aka: guienna pig.

This is what I've found (open to any suggestions or to start a dialogue):

Part #96720K0100 Controller Button RH for Steering Wheel about $92-102 (96710R)
Part #56190K0000 Wiring Harness about $17 (56991C)

Available at the usual places (ie: kiapartsnow, fourgreen or just Google part numbers)

If there are any pioneers out there or if someone has successfully added factory cruise control, there would be alot of happy Gen3 manual transmission owners who would love to hear from you. It's a great feature to have with a stick shift vehicle on those highway drives. I use mine all the time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
While waiting for part numbers, I found a steering wheel with the switches and harness. Not sure which way I want to go yet, but I'll get something ordered on Monday.

Nobody else has tried this yet, right?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
While waiting for part numbers, I found a steering wheel with the switches and harness. Not sure which way I want to go yet, but I'll get something ordered on Monday.

Nobody else has tried this yet, right?
Not that I know of Trev. I checked on the Forte forum which now shares the same engine. One guy said he did it & works great, but the dash lights that say "Cruise" & "Set" don't illuminate like on the Gen2 Soul.

Did you buy a new wheel to get leather wrap?

Thanks for giving this a shot Trev! If you follow the directions from Gen2 it should be pretty much the same. Easy peasy. Just take your time & don't mess with the clockspring!

Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wasn't sure how long it was going to take to find the part numbers, so I started searching for the entire steering wheel from salvage yards. Hardly any wrecked yet, but I found an S with the cruise switch. Too bad about the dash lights. I'll post results within the next couple of weeks when I have time to install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have working cruise control on my Kia Soul LX Manual. So happy about it. Good news - no wiring harness needed. Just get the controller button 96720-K0110. And, you'll have all the dashboard indications. It works great.

I did it outside in the dark and rain. I don't have many pictures to share. There is a youtube video showing steering wheel removal on the Hyundai Kona. This one is very simliar.

Disconnect the battery. Remove the airbag. Unbolt the steering wheel put it on the bench. Remove about 10 screws, front and back covers. Swap the switch out and reverse everything.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
900 Posts
Cool!
Total cost?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool!
Total cost?
My cost was $144 because I bought an entire steering wheel before I learned about the part numbers. Everyone else should be able to get it done for about $100 plus shipping.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Trev congratulations on the maiden install of factory cruise control on your manual transmission Gen3 Soul. This is an inexpensive upgrade that anyone can DIY.

Good job!

Next up: finding part numbers for center console with armrest. On Gen2 it was 4 pieces. I'll do my part to locate these.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with 3 pedals!
108 Posts
All do not buy 96720 K0100 it is not the correct part to add cruise control! 96720 K0100 is the same switch that already comes in the lx’s with manual transmissions.
Trev, since you did this can youtake a peak at the back of the switch from the S and verify it is the k0100 varriant and not the K0110 or K0130 varriant of the 96720 switch?
632B40A4-7F60-4F65-A27B-916F4D434318.jpeg
A75823A9-3DFD-4DE2-909E-4B53E3D96827.jpeg
F34E5A12-5253-4383-8E3C-9ADDCB683337.jpeg
F34E5A12-5253-4383-8E3C-9ADDCB683337.jpeg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Browsing the web it appears that the K0130 has the lane keeping assist button populated along with the cruise control buttons. Thus, I am leaning towards the K0110 being the correct variant. Does anyone have a picture of the K0110?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Hi Ray, you could try messaging Trev directly. Not sure how often he logs in here.

Just click on his icon and then on Message & that should notify him you have a question.

All the best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry I haven't been here lately. I did a cut and paste from post 3 and I agree that isn't the one I installed. I found a photo and 96720-K0110 is the one I installed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry I haven't been here lately. I did a cut and paste from post 3 and I agree that isn't the one I installed. I found a photo and 96720-K0110 is the one I installed.
Trev, thank you for clarifying. I have the k0110 on order and will post a how-to when it arrives, in the gen 3 dyi forum.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Trev congratulations on the maiden install of factory cruise control on your manual transmission Gen3 Soul. This is an inexpensive upgrade that anyone can DIY.

Good job!

Next up: finding part numbers for center console with armrest. On Gen2 it was 4 pieces. I'll do my part to locate these.

Thanks again!
What is this armrest of which you speak?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts