Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the Base AT 2014 Kia Soul :) The Stock sound sounds pretty awesome better sounding than I was used to in my 03 Jeep. I still have my 2 12s I took them out of my Jeep Including the AMP. Not sure yet if I will Keep my current 2 12s that just depends on how hard it will be to put this in my car. I want to KEEP the Stock Head unit. Whats a possible way and most easiest to not damage anything. I do know I will need to run a Power Wire from the Back from the AMP to the battery correct? No way to run it into anything that may be in the hatch? Now where to hook the amp? I know the stock head unit most likely doesn't have a Amp out but I have seen people use stock Head units Any Help would be awesome :)

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
There is a place in the car, in the rear for the Amp, there may even be a power wire back there. Not sure about that, seems someone else tried this before on a 2014. Anyway, your head unit does not have an out for the amp unless is says "Infinity" on the faceplate. So I am not sure how you would get an input to the amp except to tap into the front door speakers. Lots of research to be done, but first you may want to spend a little time searching this site for some information that may already exist here. Good luck.

EDIT: check the forums page for ICE and Communications threads.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a place in the car, in the rear for the Amp, there may even be a power wire back there. Not sure about that, seems someone else tried this before on a 2014. Anyway, your head unit does not have an out for the amp unless is says "Infinity" on the faceplate. So I am not sure how you would get an input to the amp except to tap into the front door speakers. Lots of research to be done, but first you may want to spend a little time searching this site for some information that may already exist here. Good luck.

EDIT: check the forums page for ICE and Communications threads.
Thanks :) Maybe someone in the Western NC area with a soul could help if they ever see this :). Might call a reputable audio place and see how much they would charge ( I don`t trust GeekSquad) lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks :) Maybe someone in the Western NC area with a soul could help if they ever see this :). Might call a reputable audio place and see how much they would charge ( I don`t trust GeekSquad) lol
Friend had good experience with Car Toys... not sure if you have any by you, but it's another option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm using an audio output converter because i kept stock head unit to turn the speaker wires into rca's - remote wire is acc wire behind the radio but i have 2012 not sure of wire colors on 2014

1 - 7 of 7 Posts