Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So added the K&N Cone. Fell off a couple times so I know now why they use the solid pipe. This material is tricky to work with. You almost have tohave a little bit of a mount just to hold it in place with a firm not too tight grip @ the base of the cone where the rubber is. Was tricky but I think I got it. I am off on a 450 km trip there and back so will let all know how it goes..and ya 65 bucks @ lordco ;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Which model are you using? Might put that one on, if I don't like the filter on the kit I'm waiting on.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey all. Um I'll have to dig the box up but it's just a 3" inlet as I measured. Went to any parts store and it's a cylinder k&N cone.. has a crazy rumble to it and quit a bit more torque. Easy to take off stock box. umm no sensors after the 1st one. Um I would advise though to use pipe
THis stock short ram intake if you over tighten squeezes so be carefull use the stock clamp :) I used that...and I love the sound..little bit more throddle response over all :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
I hope someone eventually Dynos it versus a CAI to get a comparison

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've wanted to dyno it. I'm trying to find a shop. I'll be going to Vancouver this week for Christmas. SO maybe I can dyno mine as I got the canadian soul burner with the 2L and a str8t axle back and just the short ram with the cone ;) I would like to see the increases over stock

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you want to make it even better adjust the throttle cable!!!!! Makes a huge difference !! At least on my stick it did!!!No more sloppy throttle pedal!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all well my mechanic looked @ me funny when I added the cone to the stock short ram intake. The sound was okay, but it had the little resinator box. So in 30 minutes he welded me up a custom 3" aluminum shorter version of the cold air. Works amazing!! big props..case a beer plus cone equals cheap but great power :)

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
That's great! Got some pics so we can see his handy work? There is always more than one way to look at something in your case you have shown us two. Cheap is ALWAYS good! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts