Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Wondered if you keep the active eco feature on or off - i have a 2013 model. I find with the eco on, the car feels a bit sluggish when trying to speed up or merge onto a highway. When it is off, it feels normal. Not sure if having it on really saves me that much in mileage.

thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
I left it on when I had first got it but I like the extra power with it out so now it never comes on unless im on a long trip.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Hi all,
Wondered if you keep the active eco feature on or off - i have a 2013 model. I find with the eco on, the car feels a bit sluggish when trying to speed up or merge onto a highway. When it is off, it feels normal. Not sure if having it on really saves me that much in mileage.

thanks
only you can determine if it works best for you depending on your type of driving and terrain. I've tried it on a couple of tank fulls but as you mentioned you can notice the difference, in my case I didn't find it made much difference, but its been quite some time since I tried it so might give it another go.

See my signature line ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I tried it. It makes the actual mpg closer to the estimated mpg displayed on screen. I saved like 2-3 mpg. I turned it off unless on long trips too. The difference in power from stop-go is quite noticeable.

·
Registered
597 Posts
For me its a useless feature. Just doesn't seem to do enough to cancel out the sluggish response it causes. 95% of my driving is stop and go city traffic anyway, so even if it did work well, it wouldn't have time to start before I'm sitting at the next light.

The AutoGuide app did this...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Personally I prefer to use manual shifting to save gas. It works better than active ECO since I can up shift at even lower speed when I am just commuting, but has the acceleration when I need it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I love when I am using the manual shift and get to a red light. Then I forget and take off wondering why the engine is revving so high...

The AutoGuide app did this...

·
Registered
422 Posts
^^ even worse is when you are used to manual shifting but put the car back to auto, you step on the gas and push the stick up and all the sudden you are in neutral...

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
at least when you want to try it for say a full tank, then once you active it, you don't have to remember to do it each time you get in the vehicle as its stays that way till you hit the switch again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts