Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 2015 Soul on Tuesday and today I noticed what looked like a small piece of the grill out of place. On further inspection, I realized it was a cover popping out of a quarter sized hole. Anyone know what it is? Its not identified in the manual that I could find.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I just got my new 2015 Soul on Tuesday and today I noticed what looked like a small piece of the grill out of place. On further inspection, I realized it was a cover popping out of a quarter sized hole. Anyone know what it is? Its not identified in the manual that I could find.
Probably for the tow hook.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Well, it should be identified in the Owners Manual, but if not, why didn't you call your dealer?
That's who you SHOULD call if you have questions about your NEW car. Eh mate?

Look in the back of the car..... somewhere in there will be your screw-in TOW HOOK.
It will probably look like mine.

It just screws into that hole in the front of the car.

I had to use mine once. It worked like a champ. I got stuck crossways in a foot deep rut, and a friend in his Monster Truck pulled me out, using my tow hook and my own 6000# tow strap. I've not had to use it since, but both the tow hook and tow strap go with me everywhere.

A while back I wanted to rescue a Mercedes sedan that was stuck in the sand. I needed their tow hook but some IDIOT had removed it from the car.
With some help, I got the car unstuck.

Don't be like that Mercedes owner, make sure you keep your tow-hook in your car at all times. Eh?

Cheers Mate!
TechnoMage :cool:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
It's the towing hook, or in my case, I used it to drag a log to our campsite, then anchored the big tarp to it.

Multi function hook?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
its clearly explained and illustrated on page 6/31-32 in your owners manual :sneakiness:

·
Registered
811 Posts
its clearly explained and illustrated on page 6/31-32 in your owners manual :sneakiness:
Well I'll be damned! You mean if I actually took 3 minutes to open er up and actually look through it....That info would have bit me in the ass had it been a snake....
Will Korean wonders ever cease????????

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Never!

RTFM!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, thanks to those who answered without treating me like an imbecile. Next time I'll call the dealer. Obviously Soul owners aren't as nice as their cars.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Don't take it that way as these guys tend to horse around. It's a good grew here. Welcome.

Mark

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Well, thanks to those who answered without treating me like an imbecile. Next time I'll call the dealer. Obviously Soul owners aren't as nice as their cars.
After several years of reading hundreds of questions that are plainly spelled out in the Owners Manual, that comes with every new car, it does get kind of OLD that we have to keep answering the same questions over and over and over and over......etc.

I've been on other forums where the only answer you're going to get is "R.T.F.M.!".

Yes we do like to joke around here, but I personally already answered the question...with pictures. What more could you ask for???

So why is this topic still getting posts? It should be CLOSED.

AS far as being helpful.... I've done my best to be.....I've even offered a FREE Oil Change to anyone who is willing to drive over here, , ,
just BYOO...(bring your own OIL...I have the Kia Filters.)

Happy Motoring!
TechnoMage :cool:

Reactions: raywclark

·
Registered
552 Posts
Don't take it that way as these guys tend to horse around. It's a good grew here. Welcome.

Mark
Really, you will learn real fast who not to take so seriously, there are a great bunch here and all questions are welcome, especially the ones that you should RTFM!!!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts