Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
A couple days ago I started up the soul and my ABS and Traction lights stayed on. Worried, I jumped on google and found a couple of posts about it. People are saying fuse, bad wiring or bad sensors. Of course, the people who make these posts never come back to say what the issue was or if they even fixed it. I'm going to check the fuses tomorrow (I don't think it's a fuse though. On my way home from work the lights went off by themselves. The next day they were on again and stayed on until I went over some speed bumps and then they shut off again). So I'm leaning towards bad/loose wiring or bad sensors? My question is will the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty cover this stuff if I take it in to the dealership? I just want to go in armed with as much information as I can. Thanks!!! (y)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I also would lean towards loose wire/bad sensor. The 10/100K warranty is suppose to only cover powertrain components. I would think anything associated with the ABS would fall under the 5/60K limited basic warranty (aka bumper to bumper). If you're the original owner of your 2014 and purchased it in 2015 and are under the miles, you should be good. But if not, it's still worth asking depending on how nice the service department is at your local dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just got my code reader in today. (Ended up getting an Innova 3100J for $85. Great little device for some piece of mind) Now I have to figure out if the sensor took a crap or if the wiring is messed up somewhere along the way. :( Weird thing is I can't find the actual rear sensor anywhere for sale online. I can find the harness but not the sensor itself. Am I missing something?

Edit: Just found that for the rear wheels the sensor is part of the whole hub assembly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a base2017 Kia soul 33k miles ABS, traction control and ESC lights came on, fuses=ok, pulled neg battery off 5min, OBII GIVES ERR, liquids good, still ng, any help? ck=loose wire/bad sensor, ck 5/60K limited basic warranty (aka bumper to bumper), ck=C1206=Lrear wheel speed sensor-open/short, C1207=Lrear wheel speed sensor-range/peeforance/intermitent, C1208=Lrear wheel speed sensor-invalid/no signal, will ck auto store for OBII reader, since mine didn't work,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts