Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My wife had to have all of the nannies........I told her not to get them....She insisted. Guess who hates them and turns them all off as soon as she get in the car..... It makes insurance premiums much higher as well....at least that is what my insurance co told me....
I'd rather have the option to use than not. I get where it could be annoying though. But it may also save my life, or the car, or someone else's, so certain things like high beam assist or fog lights are a must. Having driven on long car trips in my current Kia Soul, I feel unsafe especially late at night, or during Tully fog.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I checked on all trims except Turbo no difference on premiums on a lease anyway.
That's good to know......Because the insurance on this thing is crazy high compared to other cars I owned,,,it is by FAR the slowest, and the cheapest...... Agent attributed it to the bells and whistles...must just be the kia

·
Registered
549 Posts
My wife had to have all of the nannies........I told her not to get them....She insisted. Guess who hates them and turns them all off as soon as she get in the car..... It makes insurance premiums much higher as well....at least that is what my insurance co told me....
I'm not big on the nannies either, although I will say this, one evening I was driving much later than I should've. The lane keep assist really helped me that evening. For a long trip, they might be useful, but I generally don't like how intrusive they can be.

@kaismom here is a thread where I tried to get a shot of the LEDs. If you click on the image, you can scroll through other LED pictures. Not sure why only my picture shows in the main page. Any thoughts on the difference in fog lights?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That's good to know......Because the insurance on this thing is crazy high compared to other cars I owned,,,it is by FAR the slowest, and the cheapest...... Agent attributed it to the bells and whistles...must just be the kia
I did also get a quote on the 2021 Steltos AWD, LX which came out $10 per month cheaper. I do think the price would jump up with the turbo, generally the faster the car the higher the premium.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I

@kaismom here is a thread where I tried to get a shot of the LEDs. If you click on the image, you can scroll through other LED pictures. Not sure why only my picture shows in the main page.....
I've never had fog lights before so don't know the ins and outs, but have driven enough late nights alone, on long road trips and through Tully fog to want it. I would get the designer EX package that comes with the enhanced LED projector headlights as well (my first choice due to everyones input!) but as it isn't available (lease option, locally) I'm now split between the X line that has the fog lights (with the sportier look I prefer) or the EX base with High Beam Assist & Projector Beam Headlights & Fog Lights. BTW, $17,486 for a gold EX is a fantastic price, do you have the designer package or the base EX?.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've never had fog lights before so don't know the ins and outs, but have driven enough late nights alone, on long road trips and through Tully fog to want it. I would get the designer EX package that comes with the enhanced LED projector headlights as well (my first choice due to everyones input!) but as it isn't available (lease option, locally) I'm now split between the X line that has the fog lights (with the sportier look I prefer) or the EX base with High Beam Assist & Projector Beam Headlights & Fog Lights. BTW, $17,486 for a gold EX is a fantastic price, do you have the designer package or the base EX?.
Mine is the designer package. It comes with the charging base, the safety nannies, the daytime lamps (that give it the Evoq-ish look) then larger navigation screen (which does a great job with the navigation, as it gives you 1/3rd of the image to show you a diagram of which lane you'll need to be in as you approach your lane).

Just out of curiosity, what makes you look at leasing over traditional financing? With Kia financing offering up to 0% and 3 months deferred payments, I've almost considered trading in for a telluride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Mine is the designer package. It comes with the charging base, the safety nannies, the daytime lamps (that give it the Evoq-ish look) then larger navigation screen (which does a great job with the navigation, as it gives you 1/3rd of the image to show you a diagram of which lane you'll need to be in as you approach your lane).

Just out of curiosity, what makes you look at leasing over traditional financing? With Kia financing offering up to 0% and 3 months deferred payments, I've almost considered trading in for a telluride.
First I wanted to thank everyone for piping in, I did finally get the car yesterday (24 month lease) White EX base. I would have preferred the designer, but all is well. (What I do get though, as someone mentioned is slightly better gas mileage). I had another dealership who promised he could source/trade for the blue designer and pleaded with me via text, and yes had he called in time (I'm old school) I would have been swayed. But it's done. It was the only white EX within 80 miles, and if it were to be believed after I did the paper work, the sales guy mentioned two other dealership wanted to trade in for the white EX within 24 hours of purchase.

Though I do get the charging base, 17" wheels w/ darker rims, safety nannies, larger screen as noted above, 6 speakers, what I don't have are the 18-inch alloy wheels with black spokes, P235/45R18 tires, LED lighting (fog, tail, headlights+) & leather mix seats (I do have a leather wrapped wheel).

I will start a separate thread on EX's soon, as the dealership could tell me nothing on how to work the car, and I need to source car covers, maybe a roof rack, and how to adjust the neck rest (forward /back).

@TXSSSoul asked why I lease(d). As a mid 50's GenX'r, up until 2 years and 4 months ago I've bought used cars spending no more than $3.5k out of pocket, drive them till the wheels come off and repeat. Needing it for work, I wrote off a % of my payment, but as my life was/is in flux, I can't predict 2 years ahead. I didn't want to be bound to a longer lease or a 5 year car loan. The world and my life is even more unpredictable now, so a 2 year lease is best. I drive only 6k miles a year, and enjoy driving new cars every 2 years as a change from years of no car payments and clunkers. My payments would have been lower yes, with the 3 year lease. I also do have the option of buying at the end of the lease with the perks of the 5/10 year warranties. which I might have done this time if I had gotten the higher trim in 2018.

·
Registered
549 Posts
First I wanted to thank everyone for piping in, I did finally get the car yesterday (24 month lease) White EX base. I would have preferred the designer, but all is well. (What I do get though, as someone mentioned is slightly better gas mileage). I had another dealership who promised he could source/trade for the blue designer and pleaded with me via text, and yes had he called in time (I'm old school) I would have been swayed. But it's done. It was the only white EX within 80 miles, and if it were to be believed after I did the paper work, the sales guy mentioned two other dealership wanted to trade in for the white EX.

Though I do get the charging base, 17" wheels w/ darker rims, safety nannies, larger screen as noted above, 6 speakers, what I don't have are the 18-inch alloy wheels with black spokes, P235/45R18 tires, LED lighting (fog, tail, headlights+) & leather mix seats (I do have a leather wrapped wheel).

I will start a separate thread on EX's soon, as the dealership could tell me nothing on how to work the car, and I need to source car covers, maybe a roof rack, and how to adjust the neck rest (forward /back) As it was driven off the lot though I can alter lumbar, my neck was sore by the time I got home. But love the peppier engine!
@TXSSSoul asked why I lease(d). As a mid 50's GenX'r, up until 2 years and 4 months ago I've bought used cars spending no more than $3.5k out of pocket, drive them till the wheels come off and repeat. Needing it for work, I wrote off a % of my payment, but as my life was/is in flux, I can't predict 2 years ahead. I didn't want to be bound to a longer lease or a 5 year car loan. The world and my life is even more unpredictable, so a 2 year lease suites me. I drive only 6k miles a year, and enjoy driving new cars every 2 years as a change from years of no car payments and clunkers. My payments would have been lower yes, with the 3 year lease. I also do have the option of buying at the end of the lease with the perks of the 5/10 year warranties. which I might have done this time if I had gotten the higher trim.
Congrats. One tactic I've used in the past is to tell the dealership that the color/wheels/options/etc aren't what I'd like, and see if they could throw in something at cost (remote start, or tint at cost is usually a good bargaining chip at this point).

Don't forget to go here and register Kia Owners Portal You'll get access to a digital owner's manual, and also don't forget to set up your UVO with a smartphone. "Kia Access With Uvo link" is the name for Android devices. Enjoy your new purchase!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Congrats. One tactic I've used in the past is to tell the dealership that the color/wheels/options/etc aren't what I'd like, and see if they could throw in something at cost (remote start, or tint at cost is usually a good bargaining chip at this point).

Don't forget to go here and register Kia Owners Portal You'll get access to a digital owner's manual, and also don't forget to set up your UVO with a smartphone. "Kia Access With Uvo link" is the name for Android devices. Enjoy your new purchase!
Thanks! I'll remember that tactic next time round. Still a bit new to buying/leasing ;) Also, thanks for the link to the owners portal. Much obliged!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks! I'll remember that tactic next time round. Still a bit new to buying/leasing ;) Also, thanks for the link to the owners portal. Much obliged!
No worries, oh and I didn't mention, but I tell them that it's not the color/trim/accessories I'm looking for even if it's 100% exactly what I'm looking for. If the salesman thinks that you'll go for another dealership/vehicle, it's easier to get them to give you extra perks, like oil changes, cargo mats, etc.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
No worries, oh and I didn't mention, but I tell them that it's not the color/trim/accessories I'm looking for even if it's 100% exactly what I'm looking for. If the salesman thinks that you'll go for another dealership/vehicle, it's easier to get them to give you extra perks, like oil changes, cargo mats, etc.
Man, you're worse liar than the stealership. 😁

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Yeah, I've been catching on. Especially by the time the financials roll around. Sales guy yesterday: This is your monthly $$$, I said looks good. Sign docs. finance person: Oh I guess Mr. XXX forgot to add that additional $30 monthly for sales tax. Riiiight. I noticed I got a better deal at a larger Kia only dealership in 2018. They still made their money in bulk sales, whereas the smaller dealerships, find 'creative' ways to shift those numbers around in their favor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I'm about to start a new thread about the EX, having a bit of buyers regret, fortunately it's a lease. Running into some issues.
For EX owners, have you had any issues with the neck rests. I just discovered you can't move them backwards or forwards. I found my LX 2018 much more comfortable. Anyone else having this issue?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts