Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low are you guys able to get the rear? I have megans and the front was easy, but I still have some wheel Gap in the rear. It seems like there's too much spring to get it to go any lower.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’m not 100 % sure on this since I’m yet to install my coils but I had a similar Issue with my old car since there’s not weight in the rear you have to let them settle..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was about to buy the same megans. Did you figure this out? How high up are you in the back vs. the front?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Megans but going to switch to BC Racing this year.

For the Megans, you won't be able to fix it. It's as low as it can go in the rear.

I'd check with BC Racing to see if their spring height is lower. I know they definitely have stiffer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have Megans but going to switch to BC Racing this year.

For the Megans, you won't be able to fix it. It's as low as it can go in the rear.

I'd check with BC Racing to see if their spring height is lower. I know they definitely have stiffer.
I thought about that, I'll send them an email.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How is the ride quality with either of these coilovers? With neither of these brands being "top shelf" and pushing them to these limits, I can only imagine them being pretty brutal. Yet there aren't any other choices that haven't been discontinued, at least for the 1st generation. I'm running some high end race coilovers on my 370Z with completely adjustable control arms etc and even that isn't very street friendly (although performance is outstanding). I'm asking because I'm looking at all the options for my Soul as a daily. Thus far all new front struts, monotube shocks in the rear and H&R springs looks like the best set up all around. However the cost would be right around the same as the Megan's with obviously less drop. You fellas on this thread sound knowledgeable, figured maybe you would have some solid input? I have a 2011 Exclaim with 96k on the clock and the shocks/struts are trashed... need replaced anyway. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Megan's arent bad, I went from stock, to b&g springs, then the coilovers. A little bouncy in the rear, but nothing too bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts