Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A-Pillar Protection?

What's the scoop with the A-pillars on the Soul?? (2013 to be specific). They appear plastic and feel to be somewhat soft as if they may scratch easily. Also, I cannot tell if they are clear with black backing inside, or if the plastic itself is black. I'm prepping to do the first detailing and I'm not sure what, if aything, to apply to the A pillars. Something like a 303 Aerospace plastic protectant or a polymer paint sealer or something else. ???

They are getting hammered by bugs pretty good like the windshield so I thought it would be wise to put something on them that would provide some protection from both bugs and UV. 303 Aerospace is my first reaction but before I did anything at all thought I'd ask the forum. Or do people just leave them alone? I'm also wondering as I type this if maybe I should do the same for the front headlights??

Sorry, I'm an old dude, this is my first car with unpainted PLASTIC on the front to speak of, and also my first plastic headlights.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Most vehicles nowadays use plastics on headlights and other areas.Being an ex-Florida guy,you are probably having
love bug problems.There really is no easy way to rid yourself of these critters other thanto wet your car and get e'm off.
I use 210 plastic cleaner on all my vehicles.I'd thinkits similar to the product you mentioned.I don't think the plastics are that soft.They are probably coated with a hard UV resistant cover.It may not look good,but the old process of coating surfaces that are in the bug line with vaseline works.
Just don't let the critters bake in the sun.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
just clean it like the rest of the vehicle. I had the plastic covered lenses on my Rondo, which I owned for four years and they were just like brand new when I traded it in (its tough stuff). I use "Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover" for tough bug spots, but first clean it using a bug sponge when cleaning the vehicle normally.

The piece is snapped in place by many clips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts