Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else thought about this? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to monitor my voltage/oil pressure, maybe even one that could record my avg and instant MPG. was looking on dakotadigital.com at some different options but FIRST we need a way to mount them!!! any ideas guys/gals?

www.dakotadigital.com

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Just DO remember there are airbags in both A-pillars.....They are towards the top.

The bottom half of the A-pillar seems to have room for at least wiring, and wiring can run UP the A-pillar sort of in front of the airbags (not actually over). The airbag is the little metal strap connected to the little white plastic burrito up top.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I was actually thinking of trying to do one in replacment of the lid on the useless upper storage area.Can't even put sunglasses in it!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Great "effing" idea actually Slammed!

I think I have to wait till I get my GPS enclosure from Shark Racing before I think of that, because it appears to DO AWAY with that useless thing. Maybe it will have a big space for me to sink a couple guages in that area, or maybe move my Kiwi computer down into that space.....who knows. All I throw in there NOW are SD cards and USB drives, and the fiddly latch pisses me off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just DO remember there are airbags in both A-pillars.....They are towards the top.

The bottom half of the A-pillar seems to have room for at least wiring, and wiring can run UP the A-pillar sort of in front of the airbags (not actually over). The airbag is the little metal strap connected to the little white plastic burrito up top.
really? Is that what that round plastic piece is up there for? I thought the airbag dropped from the "B" and "C" pillars where their are badging that says SRS, i most certainly DONT want to intervere with the airbags operation SOO... what were you and slammed thinking with using that "useless" storage tray that holds my driving glasses so perfectly! :p I could give it up and use my old glasses case!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm thinking something like this but a lil more recessed in and angled towards the driver

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Geez..have you dismantled your entire car already!...Wish I had your skills man.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The little tiny round thing is a cover for a phillips screw you have to remove. That little rubber thing just pulls out. Only the black #2 phillips screw in there holds thhe cover on. Lift "out and up"

and yeah Bozos.....I was pretty well into the door panels and sills on the FIRST weekend :)

Find my posts on kiaforums.com in their Soul forum. I was there BEFORE I knew of this MUCH better layout forum.

Was pretty much the first one to look at the LED rings "in person".

·
Registered
38 Posts
A-pillar gauges are rice, always will be. There HAS to be a better place to mount some if you really need them. I don't have my car yet(going on 5wks wait now) so I can't really say where is a better place, but I'm sure there is.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The little tiny round thing is a cover for a phillips screw you have to remove. That little rubber thing just pulls out. Only the black #2 phillips screw in there holds thhe cover on. Lift "out and up"

and yeah Bozos.....I was pretty well into the door panels and sills on the FIRST weekend :)

Find my posts on kiaforums.com in their Soul forum. I was there BEFORE I knew of this MUCH better layout forum.

Was pretty much the first one to look at the LED rings "in person".
humm... so exactly how many "curtain" airbags are there in this car and from what points do they "come out" I like my little storage thingie in the center stack, I would rather utilize the a pillar... could they be mounted low?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I don't really see why you couldn't put A-pillar guages, a couple of them anyway on that bottom section. I'm just not all that excited to think that something mounted RIGHT in front of my face (up top) will not only BE there for me to smack my forehead into in a crash....but the possibility it will actually be FIRED into my face. THAT would sorta suck :p

From just looking at this little airbag, it "appears" that movement of the little strap would set it off (any geometry change in that pillar). It of course may ALSO be triggered by the other sensors as well. That plastic cover and anything ON it......is GOING to break away at great speed....maybe not right at your face, but Hell if I wanna guess!

Anything that is going to make the airbags go off......I'm gonna want to get AWAY from it. I won't be worried about damage to the vehicle at first, but I don't want to spend time in hospital having "Hello Kitty" accessories extracted.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah... im not to thrilled with the idea of something comeing out at my face! already broke my nose in a collision when I was 17. 02 cougar giong 65mph and hit a K5 blazer. seat broke from its track and my face went thru the airbag and into the stearing wheel!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts