Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wheel well Flames, baby!
It is a front wheel drive.
LOL I hope you're kidding. If you look at your car and follow that Upperline line I used you will notice it goes around the hood under the windshield I might experiment with following it around there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was looking at it today parked and it doesn't show in the pictures but I started the stripe under the side view mirrors. It just seems to me that it makes the front fenders look bare. I'll get a picture tomorrow to show you

I don't think that necessarily looks bad, but it's hard to tell by the photos. Where would you have started the stripe if you were to redo?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a Silver EX and you just inspired me. I wonder if they ever made the double line pinstripe out of this stuff....https://smile.amazon.com/3M-Scotchcal-Striping-50-Foot-79902/dp/B0010AUXPQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=3m+Reflective+pinstripe+black&qid=1573828604&sr=8-1

Black by day, glow at night. Too much?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't think that necessarily looks bad, but it's hard to tell by the photos. Where would you have started the stripe if you were to redo?
I would run around the top of the Hood bottom of the windshield. That line follows a complete circle
20191119_123450_HDR.jpg
20191119_123443_HDR.jpg

I have a Silver EX and you just inspired me. I wonder if they ever made the double line pinstripe out of this stuff....https://smile.amazon.com/3M-Scotchcal-Striping-50-Foot-79902/dp/B0010AUXPQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=3m+Reflective+pinstripe+black&qid=1573828604&sr=8-1

Black by day, glow at night. Too much?
It sounds pretty cool but 50 ft is a lot of striping and I only paid like 6 99 for mine and I have plenty left over

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would run around the top of the Hood bottom of the windshield. That line follows a complete circle

Do you think it really needs it? I would worry that it looked like too much pinstriping. I would also worry that the curve would easily show off any imperfections within the curve. On the other hand, you can always try it and remove it if you think it doesn't work. Heck, the tape is cheap so you only stand to lose your time. Please share what it looks like if you decide to give it a go. ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Do you think it really needs it? I would worry that it looked like too much pinstriping. I would also worry that the curve would easily show off any imperfections within the curve. On the other hand, you can always try it and remove it if you think it doesn't work. Heck, the tape is cheap so you only stand to lose your time. Please share what it looks like if you decide to give it a go. ?
I actually do not think it needs it. It just seemed weird to just stop it under the mirror. What I would like is a little something around the indentation on the hood like the inverted hood scoop but that would have to be painted on and very suttle

·
Registered
354 Posts
I actually do not think it needs it. It just seemed weird to just stop it under the mirror. What I would like is a little something around the indentation on the hood like the inverted hood scoop but that would have to be painted on and very suttle

They sell vinyl decals that are just for the hood bump on Gen2s, but I've only seen them in gray. Chances are other colors exist, I'm just not sure if they're made for 3rd Gens yet. But colored vinyl can be had and cut to shape on computer. You might have to find a shop that does car wrapping—it could get costly.

Additionally you can always make your beginning and end to have a design, as demonstrated in this video:

Just more ideas for your consideration. ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They sell vinyl decals that are just for the hood bump on Gen2s, but I've only seen them in gray. Chances are other colors exist, I'm just not sure if they're made for 3rd Gens yet. But colored vinyl can be had and cut to shape on computer. You might have to find a shop that does car wrapping—it could get costly.

Additionally you can always make your beginning and end to have a design, as demonstrated in this video:

Just more ideas for your consideration. ?
cool video I like the way he did the ends and the two tone

·
Registered
354 Posts
cool video I like the way he did the ends and the two tone

Agreed! ?
Plus you can apparently be as creative as you want to be. I would bet further research will produce more design ideas that one can do with this pinstriping tape. I'll be busy this winter and will share here if I find more examples of cool designs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Kerig: made me decide to do mine. Added a solid red strip, but down a bit lower, starting with lower edge of hood. I've done lots of striping on previous vehicles but just never got the urge til you posted pics of yours. Thanks. :)
Pictures please

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I really hated the OEM grey plastic wheel covers, so I took them off!

I"ve not found the black and chrome wheel covers that I'm looking for yet, so I'm just cleaning up my steel wheels and black wall tires and spraying them with Maguire's HOT SHINE. Looks OK for now.
With the Chrome lug nuts, it actually looks pretty good. I do have pic's, but not on this PC. :(

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The great looking Black & Chrome wheel covers that I had on my 2013 Soul are still available at Pep Boys, but only in the 15" size. They won't fit on my 16" wheels. :(

This 8 yr old pic, shows the custom wheel covers on my 2013 Soul, but, also shows the red accent stripe I put on the car. There was an awful lot of White on that car, and the red stripe broke it up and made it pop.

I'd like to do something similar on my 2020 Soul. I'm just waiting for warmer weather.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
"I"ve not found the black and chrome wheel covers that I'm looking for yet, so I'm just cleaning up my steel wheels and black wall tires and spraying them with Maguire's HOT SHINE. Looks OK for now.
With the Chrome lug nuts, it actually looks pretty good. I do have pic's, but not on this PC. "

Found them, on my main PC.

Just something temporary, till I find the wheel covers I want.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,750 Posts
"I"ve not found the black and chrome wheel covers that I'm looking for yet, so I'm just cleaning up my steel wheels and black wall tires and spraying them with Maguire's HOT SHINE. Looks OK for now.
With the Chrome lug nuts, it actually looks pretty good. I do have pic's, but not on this PC. "

Found them, on my main PC.

View attachment 133553

Just something temporary, till I find the wheel covers I want.

Jems looking good FL with those shiny shoes.

For the pinstripes might I suggest something close to that burnt orange color that will feed off the reflector on the front wheel well?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Going all the way back to my 2006 Suzuki Forenza, I've added RED accent stripes to all my cars (4). When a car is painted with just one color, even a beautiful color, it can just be too much. A little accent stripe to break it up, can be a great improvement.

This was possibly the most beautiful car I've ever owned. I just LOVE that Cobalt Blue, but without the accent stripe it was just TOO MUCH Blue. If I ever had to re-paint my Soul, it would have to be THAT color.

The custom wheel covers, really made it POP! I wish I could find those for 16" wheels.
Cheers mate!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Ha Ha! I got my car, just minutes off of the delivery truck and the dealer's tech's didn't have time enough to put on the dealer's badge. So I got one later, and put it on myself.
I don't mind advertising a little for a dealer that treats me right.
I love the pinstripes! Nice touch!
Stay safe and stay healthy, Mate!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
No way, I tell the dealer no stickers on my car. If I am gonna advertise the dealers name then I want compensated.

Pat.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts