Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,612 Posts
VERY NICE! The black metal grates freaked me out at first. Your Soul is very shiny and well taken care of. The line you took really worked out.

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
Look's great! Nice job!

·
Registered
354 Posts
The black metal grates freaked me out at first.

Same here, LOL. 😂
Nice job Louvit!
A red pinstripe might really enhance my silver Soul, I'm thinking...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks all. It's actually called cherry red. in the sunlight sometimes you could see red flakes in the paint that's why I chose red.

Was it an adhesive? Easy to apply?
Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Was it an adhesive? Easy to apply?
Where did you get it from?
I used to do it to all my cars when I was younger kerig. It's fairly easy to do, just peel n stick. A little work for big returns & the nice part is if you screw it up or don't like it, easily removed. No harm, no foul.

I agree with you, red or burnt orange would add some character. Black would be the mainstream choice. Go for it man!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I used to do it to all my cars when I was younger kerig. It's fairly easy to do, just peel n stick. A little work for big returns & the nice part is if you screw it up or don't like it, easily removed. No harm, no foul.

I agree with you, red or burnt orange would add some character. Black would be the mainstream choice. Go for it man!

Thanks for the encouragement! 👍

I'll definitely consider it for the springtime since winter seems to have come earlier than usual this year. (we already had 4" of snow on Halloween 😢)

All of that silver and black on our car could sure benefit from a bit of color to break it up a bit. I could also add the same color to its all-black interior (yawn) by adding a bit of that cheap eBay trim and make at all look like it was meant to be that way. This thread has gotten my rusty gears turning. 😁

·
Registered
6,612 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Kerig: made me decide to do mine. Added a solid red strip, but down a bit lower, starting with lower edge of hood. I've done lots of striping on previous vehicles but just never got the urge til you posted pics of yours. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Kerig: made me decide to do mine. Added a solid red strip, but down a bit lower, starting with lower edge of hood. I've done lots of striping on previous vehicles but just never got the urge til you posted pics of yours. Thanks. :)

Actually, it wasn't my pinstripe job in the photo, it was Louvit's. I also was inspired by his photo and it got me looking into adding a pinstripe to my own Soul. Up to now I hadn't considered pinstriping and after a bit of research came to realize just how easy and inexpensive it is, so I'll be doing mine in the spring.

Ulflyer, I would love to see how your pinstriping looks when you get a chance to shoot a pic of it! 👍

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
474 Posts
Nice photos.
Shows off the rear fin.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
A couple of better pictures better pictures
YES! These really show it off. I agree with eGak, the line you followed highlights the fin antenna. You've discovered a new theme for the Soul. Good job.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was thinking of the effect of the rear panel to the FRAP but a red antenna may be considered for a further mod.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was looking at it today parked and it doesn't show in the pictures but I started the stripe under the side view mirrors. It just seems to me that it makes the front fenders look bare. I'll get a picture tomorrow to show you

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was looking at it today parked and it doesn't show in the pictures but I started the stripe under the side view mirrors. It just seems to me that it makes the front fenders look bare. I'll get a picture tomorrow to show you
Wheel well Flames, baby!
It is a front wheel drive.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts