Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT Line. Cherry Black.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just got my 2021 gt line. I’m sadly disappointed in the lack of accessories I can find out there. I moved my cross bars and basket off my 2017+. Fit no problem. However I’m looking for a few things to complete my accessories I like.
In channel window visors.
Trunk cargo privacy cover (do these exist?)
I’m looking to swap out my halogen HL and FL for leds. Any help would be appreciated. I think that’ll get me started. Will do speakers and sub down the line.
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poke around here, I think oem is pricey. Some people have gone diy.

Any thoughts on how much MPG running a loaded roof rack takes off?
I realize ymmv depending on what all you put up there.
In my 2017 I only used it to hold a spare tire. I was getting 27 to 33 mpg pretty consistently.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There isn't much out there, I am curious, are you in Canada? (I think I read somewhere the Canadian models don't come with them, could be wrong) My GT-Line Turbo (2020) came with a privacy cover in the trunk area, I will try to see if I can find a part number on it. Does yours have the spot for it to fit? there are a couple of pegs that they fit into.

Still nothing for the window visors unless you will do the tape route, I am hoping weather tech will come out with some.

I guess the Gen 3 just doesn't have much yet.

I do have the weather tech floor mats, I am debating getting the tuxmat's as the weather tech's are already starting to curl inwards a little. It's not huge, but I am wondering if the tuxmat's would do better.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isn't much out there, I am curious, are you in Canada? (I think I read somewhere the Canadian models don't come with them, could be wrong) My GT-Line Turbo (2020) came with a privacy cover in the trunk area, I will try to see if I can find a part number on it. Does yours have the spot for it to fit? there are a couple of pegs that they fit into.

Still nothing for the window visors unless you will do the tape route, I am hoping weather tech will come out with some.

I guess the Gen 3 just doesn't have much yet.

I do have the weather tech floor mats, I am debating getting the tuxmat's as the weather tech's are already starting to curl inwards a little. It's not huge, but I am wondering if the tuxmat's would do better.

Good luck.
Thanks! No I’m not in Canada. The dealer said they got rid of the covers for the 2021s. No place to install one as far as I can tell. I may just make one. I ordered a pair of visors. Out channel. I’m gonna mock them up first to see if I like them. 30 bucks on Amazon. I’m not expecting much.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks! No I’m not in Canada. The dealer said they got rid of the covers for the 2021s. No place to install one as far as I can tell. I may just make one. I ordered a pair of visors. Out channel. I’m gonna mock them up first to see if I like them. 30 bucks on Amazon. I’m not expecting much.
I just got a set of window visors from Amazon. $40 + taxes. Put them on and I think they’re pretty good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
According to the US Kia Soul website, the Cargo Cover is only available on the EX and Turbo models.

2021 Kia Soul | Versatile Hatchback - Specs Comparison By Trim | Kia

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
127 Posts
My 2020 turbo came with the cover. You're right though, not a lot for accessories yet.

I decided to decorate mine

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
49 Posts
Poke around here, I think oem is pricey. Some people have gone diy.

Any thoughts on how much MPG running a loaded roof rack takes off?
I realize ymmv depending on what all you put up there.
I recall from I bought my base (+ IVT) in 2020 that the hatch area design was distinct in model with the cover, to prevent buying a lower end model and adding it. I came up with a very simple design, easy to diy and super cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I recall from I bought my base (+ IVT) in 2020 that the hatch area design was distinct in model with the cover, to prevent buying a lower end model and adding it. I came up with a very simple design, easy to diy and super cheap.
I would love to hear what you came up with.

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
49 Posts
I would love to hear what you came up with.
I actually haven't put in together yet, as my interim "study" model has lasted well. However it involves using an approx 1/2 inch wooden molding (I chose one with a rounded edge on one side from Lowes) cutting strips to be screwed into the plastic sidewall on each side of the hatch compartment at a logical height, which will support the hatch cover. For the hatch cover I got a kind of masonite-like pegboard (light weight) that I'll covered with felt fabric, using a spray adhesive. The board will be easy to cut (to fit) after drawing a guide (hole-to-hold) in the peg board and using either a blade or heavy clipper, like tin snips or pruning shears. I couldn't find my notes and drawings for more precision dimensions, and I've forgotten my plan for having it automatically raise, but that there are a couple of ways with a bit of ingenuity. Otherwise the cover is attached to the wooden "rails" with a couple of small runs of velcro. About $20-25 in materials and a couple of hours of fun should do the trick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts