Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I need your confirmation on making sure that this is the A/C drain tube under the Soul. I found on Amazon the TSB Kia OEM A/C Deodorizer/Cleaner kit for cheap by Kia. I plan on doing it myself and saving $130 because the dealer is asking for way TOO much!

First Pic is the end of the hose.

Second Pic is the continuation of the hose on the right side of the picture.

Thanks guys!!!

IMG_2089.jpg IMG_2092.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup mine is in the same place thank you conwelpic. Now I just have to wait for the package to arrive. Hopefully it will get rid of the smell.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
have you already replaced the cabin filter?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my package arrived today from Amazon and it's the exact same thing that is sold from the dealer.

It took me about an hour and a half to complete it from start to finish. All I had to do is follow the directions on the can's and the TSB.
I can't even smell the odor anymore because the second can killed all of it. Best $30 bucks I've ever spent considering the dealer wanted $160.
It is best if you take out the air filter so the second can, well can do it's job.

IMG_2116.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Soul with a lot of water dripping on my feet while running the AC. Here's a look at the AC Drain Tube (the black hose with the white stripe) as it comes out of the condenser - from inside the car, passenger side, under the dash. Note the water beaded up on the outside of the condenser. Soon after taking this photo, I disconnected this tube and quite a bit of water came out of the condenser. The tube must have been pinched as a small amount of water came out of the outside part of the tube under the car when I straightened it out. It seems the drain and hose are not plugged so all I can do is to run the AC to see if the tube was simply pinched.

Thanks to all of you in this thread for all your ideas and pics....glenn

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Since the AC drain hose was invented, I've never seen one pinched, but.....

I've seen them plugged with MUD, and insect nests or dirt from inside the heater/AC unit.

I've unplugged several of them over the years, with a foot long piece of small Coaxial cable....flexible but still stiff enough to do the job.

Bend the center conductor into a little loop on the end of the cable and then put the other end into a variable speed drill. As you insert the cable into the drain tube, turn it slowly with the drill....sort of like a miniature "Roto Rooter".

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

Reactions: cojones
1 - 9 of 9 Posts