Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all systems go no clutch engagement. The light brown wire going to the compressor has no juice. I bought an online manual which turns out no real help to troubleshoot. Can anyone tell me where the juice will come from to go to the compressor? The relays & fuses are all in working order. Don’t want to be a parts changer. Just need the wife’s Kia Soul 2013 1.6l to work so I can drive my 2010 Kia Soul. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you don't have enough freon in there there won't be any juice. The ECM determines whether to turn on the clutch or not and it will do that based on the pressure sensor installed in your suction line to the AC. You need to have a scanner that can pull up data and go in the ECM and see the pressure reading and then see if the ECM is seeing the AC request signal and then it will say if it is sending power or not.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2011 that I needed to refill the ac.

Buy the gauge and cans of refrigerant.

The all in one cans have sealant/ stop leak in them that can muck up the system and most ships won't want to work on the ac with that in it as it clogs up their stuff to.

You plug the gauge into the high and low pressure ports and you can see what pressures at.
Chances are it just need a recharge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts