Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8 Months new; TOWING BEHIND RV

Hey Soul People.

I'm a Kia Salesman, and 2014 Soul Base manual owner. Since I purchased mine, I can't help but steer many prospective car buyers towards this well-put-together vehicle. To me Soul represents great value. It's almost underpriced. It's not perfect, but the changes made in 2014 were great improvements over an already fine car.

I'm gonna post right away, and I'll be very interested in seeing the replies on this controversial subject

I have looked in the owner's manual; searched Kia North America, Kia Worldwide; in my capacity as a Kia Sales Consultant, searched all the Kia Soul training resources in Kia University and Kdealer.com; I've been on numerous RV websites and as of a few minutes ago, I read every thread I could find here in SoulForums, looking for the definitive answer to whether or not I can tow a Kia Soul Base manual (2014), all 4 wheels on the ground, without damaging the vehicle and voiding the warranty.

I have an email in to Customer Support, but time is of the essence. If someone here has the true answer and wants to share, I would be grateful. I could have sold a car tonight had this question and subject been addressed by the manufacturer.

Great to be here.

Dean

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Welcome. I am sure that the owner's manual addresses towing. I am not at the right computer right now or I would look it up but am fairly certain that it does not advise or recommend four wheels on the ground towing.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I had to have my car towed because of a failed battery recently. I could swear that it said if you have to tow on all four wheels that it is not recommended and that you should go slowly. It definitely is in the manual though.

(Welcome!)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,167 Posts
It has been addressed by the manufacturer - page 6/30 in the 2015 manual (page 6/29 in the 2014 version)

"It is acceptable to tow the vehicle with the rear wheels on the ground (without dollies) and the front wheels off the ground"

"if the vehicle is being towed with the front wheels on the ground, use a towing dolly under the front wheels."

I don't know about you, but that seems perfectly clear to me. :sneakiness:

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
It has been addressed by the manufacturer - page 6/30 in the 2015 manual (page 6/29 in the 2014 version)

"It is acceptable to tow the vehicle with the rear wheels on the ground (without dollies) and the front wheels off the ground"

"if the vehicle is being towed with the front wheels on the ground, use a towing dolly under the front wheels."

I don't know about you, but that seems perfectly clear to me. :sneakiness:
Thanks, I completely forgot to look that up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome. I am sure that the owner's manual addresses towing. I am not at the right computer right now or I would look it up but am fairly certain that it does not advise or recommend four wheels on the ground towing.
"Fairly certain" is another way of saying "I don't know". Your information is incorrect. Please do not post if you do not know. It misleads people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts