Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does that $500 come as a check from the factory or reduction on price at the dealership?

Do I automatically receive it if I financed the minimum $7,500 or does the dealership need to contact the factory about it so it is sent to me?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Since I paid cash, I didn't get this. I had to haggle for a cash discount.

However, back in the dark ages I ordered a Ford Ranger Supercab from the factory in Minniapolous, MN through the local Ford dealer hear in the SF Bay Area. It took a couple of months to arrive. When it did there was a check for $500 from the factory because they had an incentive start in between the time I ordered it & picked it up. The deal was letting people buying new cars by that time use the incentive from the factory as the down payment. YMMV.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The KMF one? It's reduced from the price after taxes. In retrospect a lower interest rate ($500 back added 1%) would have been a tad cheaper but only by $40 over 3 years.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
won't this have all been explained to you at the time of purchase or in the documents you signed? :think

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got it at time of sale, + i got "recent grad" rebate as well ;)
When you do it at time of sale, get them to take it off before tax, so you save that little bit more off the cost!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the $500 back. By financing only $8000 and dragging it out 3 years, I pay only $400 in interest. I'm going to accelerate and make payments toward principal, so the sooner it gets paid, the less interest I pay. The approximate payoff is shown on the statement.
Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts