Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All being imported into the States. Think of all those lost Souls :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've never understood it, that the News said that ship was headed to the "Middle East", but yet, it was in a Georgia harbor. ??? Now what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
More info in the UK-oriented thread:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That whole story has just disappeared from the TV. Not a word lately, on what is being done with that capsized ship.
Anyone know what's happening there?

:cool:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That whole story has just disappeared from the TV. Not a word lately, on what is being done with that capsized ship.
Anyone know what's happening there?

:cool:
All I know is Vinnies Cars-4U out on Highway 12 has a good sale going on for new Kias & Hyundais.

No extra charge if you find a fish in the trunk :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was down in Brunswick/St. Simon's Island, just last week on vacation. I got photos of the ship from both St. Simon's and Jekyll Island. The latest word is that the captain is now being hailed as a hero. What had developed was: The ship was entering the turn in the channel when the fire broke out...cutting power to the vessel. While the captain still had some control, he maneuvered the vessel...knowing he was going to lose it...so that it would capsize lengthwise in the channel rather that take up 600+ feet of the channel if it capsized broadside.
The first image I'm posting is actually 4 shots....compiled into one. The 2nd shot is from the Jekyll Island side showing the salvage crews at work.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it said they were bound for the Middle East
Yes that was updated after the breaking report & in an earlier post (I can't change the post as the editing timeframe has closed).

Interesting too is no Hyundai's were on board. Mostly Kia's and other car brands.

It seems if it was loaded with Kia's built in North America no Soul's would have been onboard?

·
Registered
163 Posts
One of the transport drivers, that brings Hondas to our dealership, told me the other day that taking this ship apart, piece by piece, is going to be a 2-year+ operation. It was also reported that the next port was to be Baltimore, MD.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts