Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a few Chrome accents on my Soul when i first got it, and now I have grown tired of them and would like to go back the the stock look of the soul.

All the accessories were made by Korean auto accessory manufacturer Autoclover.

The plastic pieces used 3M auto adhesive tape to install. Anyone have any experience removing this stuff?

Do i just use a hair dryer to loosen the glue? Should i just wait until a super hot an sunny day and let the sun loosen the glue?

Think I will have a big mess on myhands with adhesive residue afterwards??

Please chime in!

·
Registered
208 Posts
So I installed a few Chrome accents on my Soul when i first got it, and now I have grown tired of them and would like to go back the the stock look of the soul.

The plastic pieces used 3M auto adhesive tape to install. Anyone have any experience removing this stuff?

Do i just use a hair dryer to loosen the glue? Should i just wait until a super hot an sunny day and let the sun loosen the glue?

Please chime in!
hey they are replacing my interior panels so the new ones have the chrome rings on the speakers..was thinking of getting the chrome accents for the air vents etc..where did you get them here in Canada???

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
From experience, just slowly pull the parts off..slowly but surely. You will have sticky residue. Just go to Canadian Tire and get Goo Gone and apply it a few times and wipe off.

Please chime in!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Either will work, I've used both. Just be careful not to get anything TOO hot. You want to be able to pull them offand not break or scratch anything.

Get the parts warm, pull on a corner till you can get under it, and then...

Use either a piece of dental floss or fishing line to pull under the piece and cut the adhesive off if needed.

Clean up the best you can afterwards, but make sure you aren't damaging anything by testing on small spot out of sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts