Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any opinions, positive or negative? Just got my 2nd Soul, 2018 + model and need to get it protected. The 3D MAXpider mats seem like a good deal, but how do they hold up?

TIA.

·
Registered
Inferno Red 2015 Soul +, Shadow Black 2016 Soul +
69 Posts
I have the Aries, which are pretty much exactly the same as the Maxpider and mine are peeling in the same place as the picture in the reviews of the ones you linked. So, the peeling must not be an isolated incident. I still like them and they still protect, but I wish they had held up better under the pedal foot. I also have the Husky's for my other soul. My Husky liners have had zero issues, but don't look as finished as the maxpider/aries do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Aries, which are pretty much exactly the same as the Maxpider and mine are peeling in the same place as the picture in the reviews of the ones you linked. So, the peeling must not be an isolated incident. I still like them and they still protect, but I wish they had held up better under the pedal foot. I also have the Husky's for my other soul. My Husky liners have had zero issues, but don't look as finished as the maxpider/aries do.
Good to know. It may be worth going slightly more and getting the Huskies.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I had Weathertech in my 2010 Mazda3, and I have the Maxpider in my 2016 Soul, I prefer the Maxpider.

Pat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the 3d spider and they have worked out well. Fit well and are easy to clean which is important because we are pretty active and outdoors often which means we get them dirty. I have some peeling but nothing crazy

·
Registered
81 Posts
A lot of the VW GTI guys have these and really seem to like them.

We put the Kia all-weather mats into ours right after buying it, ditching the carpeted mats that were included. We've been very happy with those.

If you want nice mats and don't have to contend with muddy or slushy stuff, then original Cocomats are a great option. Pricey, but super-high quality and worth every penny IMHO. I've had them in all my cars for the last 15 years or so.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the 3D Maxpider floor mats and I love them! They feel really well made and sturdy. I was able to pick up a full set on Amazon for ~$80 by being patient and waiting for an Amazon Warehouse deal (usually just a return with damaged packaging).

·
Registered
657 Posts
How many of these fit the 19 model year? I need to get something because snow/salt is beating my carpets!
Any 2nd gen Soul mats will fit (2014-2019).

I have the Aries/MaxPider ones for two years now and they're holding up fine (I posted pics in the thread that was referenced earlier). I personally still prefer the look and feel of them over WeatherTech and Husky. Driver's mat; under heel shows a little wear...color has become a little faint.

If you like WT or Husky, this is another option:

https://www.amazon.com/SMARTLINER-F...J2YTXRGF922&psc=1&refRID=EZXXK5F08J2YTXRGF922

·
Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,100 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts