Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul, 6 Speed manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search feature but couldn’t find anything concerning all of these, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I figured those items weren’t amiss, they all work fine, just wondering what electrical glitch might be going on and what the fix might be.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
797 Posts
Possibly a bad Tire Pressure Sensor. Possibly all alarms related.

Reactions: tmlsoul

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
336 Posts
Well you can manually check tire pressures and solve that. There could be any number of problems with an ABS system that will not show up until it is needed. And other that have such a slight effect you never will notice it. I still would find a parts store with an ABS reader and look for codes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had tires at 30psi, bumped them to 35 and tire pressure light is off.

I had read that a burnt out tail light can cause some dash light issues but mine are fine.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The Traction Control light came on when I tried to replace the rear brake bulbs with LEDs, so probably burned bulbs will do the same. But not the ABS one.
The ABS+TC lights denote an issue with an ABS sensor. You need a code reader that can read those codes, the normal OBDII can't.
Because I work on my cars I have purchased this advanced reader: https://www.amazon.com/MaxiDiag-Autel-Extension-MaxiCheck-Registration/dp/B07F2QZ6MM/
This is the "Pro" version with unlimited software updates, there are sellers of the non-Pro variant that has only one year of updates.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sadly, that's the indication of a bad or dirty ABS sensor. Hard to indicate which one it is, unless you use a scan tool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone !

going outa town for a bit, I’ll get back on it when I return.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
797 Posts
This would be my vote. I have a full sized spare on another vehicle, without a TPM sensor in it, and this is exactly what showed up on my dash when I was running the spare.
I think it's a warning that that these related functions are not going to work as expected with a possible flat tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That too, and I can attest as much. That’s why even though you may not “need” sensors in your snow set, it is prudent have them installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts