Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I searched and found a lot of people having issues with their 1st generation Soul's A-Pillars. However, my GF has a 2014 model, and the A-Pillars keep falling off!

When we first bought the car, the windshield cracked the very first day we had it. The glass company replaced with a new window. The passenger A-pillar trim kept popping off.

Safelite came out and replaced the trim piece with a new one, but that kept popping off too. So they replaced the windshield and put a new trim piece on the passenger side. Both windshields are Kia Glass, so we know it's in spec.

Now the driver side trim keeps popping off. :mad-new:

So, is this a common issue on the 2nd gen Soul? Would have thought Kia would fix something so basic in the design. Or should we question Safelite's installers that they can't put a windshield into the car within (rigid) specifications twice?

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have a 2014 and have not had any issues like you are experiencing. I hope they can get this issue resolved for you!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I don't know what you consider as "a lot of people having this issue", I would say its extremely rare ( and I've been on this forum for over four years). Seeing reports of a problem by possibly 10-20 people online out of a hundreds of thousands of vehicles does not constitute a common problem. I've never encountered the problem. People almost tend to post a problem online, so it sometimes appears as if everyone is having that problem, hundreds of thousands of owners are not going to post online that they are not having a problem. You have to take it within its context.

I presume you are talking about the outside A-pillar, as this all happened after the windshield replacement, then that seems a logic place to start.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,601 Posts
Hi Danny5. I'm having a problem understanding your post. The windshield just cracked the very first day? Like spontaneously cracked? Without more details, it's hard to believe it just cracked when you guys took ownership for no reason at all.

Was it extremely hot or cold out. Did something hit it? You must have an opinion of your own why it cracked.

Some photos might help us to help you.

All the best.

·
Registered
306 Posts
hmmm... could we see a pic or two please?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think there is a forum member whose trim came off in a car wash. But from what I remember, it was remedied with trim from a salvaged soul. Maybe it's bad luck?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hi Danny5. I'm having a problem understanding your post. The windshield just cracked the very first day? Like spontaneously cracked? Without more details, it's hard to believe it just cracked when you guys took ownership for no reason at all.

Was it extremely hot or cold out. Did something hit it? You must have an opinion of your own why it cracked.

Some photos might help us to help you.

All the best.
Mine cracked when it was just 3 months old, I initially figured I had a valid warranty claim, but upon close inspection I found a tiny little rock chip right at the edge of the glass. In fact, all three of my windshield's cracks are the same way, a rock chip at the extreme edge of the glass. When I get a new windshield installed this spring, I am going to try to find some sort of clear protection strip I could apply to the outer 1 inch or so of my windshield.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I would love to see where you found many people with this problem.

If the windshield cracked and it should have been fixed under warranty you are probably out of luck now using KIA to fix it for free, and will have to deal with the window installer or if you used your insurance company, them. You could ask at the dealer if they know of any special "trick" to reinstalling the windshield and pillars that maybe the glass company installer does not know or is doing wrong. Safelite is a very good company so if you are telling us everything I am sure they will stand behind their work.

Did your girlfriend hit something by chance? Maybe something solid that damaged the car or hit in a way to crack the windshield and deform that area?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
I've had my windshield replaced by Safelite without any issues with the pillars. Sounds like something is amiss, Safelite should look at it again....call them!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts