Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone else have 2nd gear crunch issues?

only occurs with 'spirited' driving though.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
what engine do you have on your model?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what engine do you have on your model?
2011 1.6

i think the australian delivered ones differ to the US ones. i have the plastic manifold at front. exhaust is towards the firewall, all pics ive seen from the US looks like the old rio engine

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
2011 1.6

i think the australian delivered ones differ to the US ones. i have the plastic manifold at front. exhaust is towards the firewall, all pics ive seen from the US looks like the old rio engine
thanks, if you could add that to your DRIVES profile on the left and also MT it will be a big help in future questions.

I don't have a shot of the 2011 1.6L engine but here is one for a 2012 used in North America, the only difference is that they changed the Gamma series engine to a GDI

the transaxle type for the 2011 1.6L engine was M5CF1 on NA models.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
All OLDER style 4 cyl. engines, mostly 2.0L, are built backwards, with the air intake on the back and exhaust manifold on the front.
I've had several of those, but, I never did understand that one. But, I guess it did stimulate the CAI market. lol

With the 1.6L engine Kia finally got it right, with the cool air going in the front side of the engine (a CAI?) and the hot exhaust gasses going out the back, like in the previous photo.
(same thing with the 2013 1.6L engine)

But I think the topic is "second gear crunch" Eh?

Just skip 2nd gear....it's not really needed anyway. Just go directly from 1st gear to 3rd gear. :rolleyes:

Cheers Mates!
TM :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehehe, funny but the powerband is absolutely horrid. i have to pretty much rev its **** off in first and second to get anywhere. although the 18s look much better than the 15 inch steelies, it slows the car down so much, now i understand why kia decided to put the sportage engine in the newer models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts