Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Sell or keep

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I voted SELL it, if you have another vehicle and don’t need it. Because if you have to replace it, some dealers are ripping people off more than usual by adding a “market adjustment” fee to the MSRP of new cars and used car prices are ridiculous right now.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Was just offered $25036 for it by one of the online sellers/ buyers. Should I or shouldn't I?
If you plan on walking, hitching a ride via Uber or taking the city bus or city cab, then sell it.
But if you are about to pursue another new vehicle, then prepare yourself to pay thru the nose for it.
I'm waiting until summer to sell our Hyundai Santa Fe. I hate it's whiny, over-extended transmission shift points and the dealer say's it the same as all the other Santa Fe's made for 2019.

By late summer, I'm hoping new vehicle prices get below the sticker price. As of today, most purchases are above sticker price and then comes all sorts of charges, fees and taxes, on-top of the sticker price.

If need-be, I'll even wait until next Thanksgiving time-frame. Maybe by then I'll need to include our Kia Soul also. Ours was made in the same time-frame as all the ones suffering thru the junk oil rings fiasco / dilemma. A few weeks ago I started checking the oil dipstick every weekend, even after only 150-175 miles driven for the entire week.

So far - so good. Dipstick level always remains on the Full-Mark, I really like it's MPI engine over any of the Koreans GDIs and TGDIs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’m sort of in the same decision making situation! I was recently offered almost 23k on my 21 Soul S that I bought new for about 19k with taxes/tags included in that price over the summer. The MSRP on my car is about $22,500 so getting offered more then MSRP is crazy. To make a small profit a dealer would have to sell my car for about $24,500 and I just don’t see that many people spending over MSRP on the next to lowest Soul trim. I plan on spending a lot of time in Wyoming this year so a truck would be nice….Then I look at the new car prices and realize that I should just be happy that I have such low car payments and move on from the thought.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul EX undercover green w/ grey interior
27 Posts
Im in agreement with Joe. If your in a small town with other means of transportation that equals to or is cheaper than the daily cost of owning your car then by all means sell it back for a profit. Last time I was down at the dealer the lot looked really empty so its does not surprise me that that want to buy back cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was at the dealership for an oil change this morning and they had a 2020 base LX Soul with almost 60k miles on it. They had it priced at 24k. I just have a hard time believing it would sell anywhere near that price.

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
348 Posts
I was at the dealership for an oil change this morning and they had a 2020 base LX Soul with almost 60k miles on it. They had it priced at 24k. I just have a hard time believing it would sell anywhere near that price.
i hope not

·
Registered
682 Posts
If anyone is dumb enough to pay $24K for a $19k car (when it was new) that has 60k miles on it, then…well… they deserve it.

Reactions: Junk2.0

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to keep mine. If I sold it I would have to buy something else. Plus it's almost paid for. Vehicle prices are insane.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going to keep mine. If I sold it I would have to buy something else. Plus it's almost paid for. Vehicle prices are insane.
Now I'm waiting for that guy from Florida to arrange a meeting, I'm willing to run him for $500.00 or more if he wants to. Time to put up or shut up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now I'm waiting for that guy from Florida to arrange a meeting, I'm willing to run him for $500.00 or more if he wants to. Time to put up or shut up.
Short or long run. His choice. If he accepts I hope we can find a road with a guard rail down the middle. Waiting...........

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If anyone is dumb enough to pay $24K for a $19k car (when it was new) that has 60k miles on it, then…well… they deserve it.
LOL just drive by one of those bad credit car lots or companies and you will lots of $3500 for just $9995 plus 28% interest. Recently my sales manager told me that Carvana had 2 year old Tellurides for more than the sticker on the new ones so I looked, they did.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL just drive by one of those bad credit car lots or companies and you will lots of $3500 for just $9995 plus 28% interest. Recently my sales manager told me that Carvana had 2 year old Tellurides for more than the sticker on the new ones so I looked, they did.
No thanks. Buy here get screwed here.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah, it’s crazy. I get a carfax emails sent to me all the time with Souls in my area and most used Souls are selling for more than they did when they were new.

There’s one in my area that’s just like the one I bought in May (I paid “out the door” $15k and if I bought it a month earlier, it would have been $1k less) this place has a 2019, 12k miles, manual transmission that’s listed for $19k!!!

That’s about $2k more than it sold new. Insane! It’s been there for almost 2 months. Nobody wants a manual transmission on a regular day. They’re going to have a hard time selling it for more than it was new, plus it’s Alien Green 🤢. I never was a fan of that color. Mine is Bright Silver 😊

·
Registered
682 Posts
No thanks. Buy here get screwed here.
Those places are bad news. They prey on people with financial issues and the customer ends up getting screwed and ends up in a deeper financial hole because the cars are usually overpriced junk.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,124 Posts
Those places are bad news. They prey on people with financial issues and the customer ends up getting screwed and ends up in a deeper financial hole because the cars are usually overpriced junk.
I agree. I've been with so many friends when they are buying a used car and they literally just go "stupid" and don't ask any questions, don't check anything, even the oil. I've seen them ask more questions buying a burger and fries.

Somehow they seem to be trying to make the slimy salespersons job easy for them. It's hard to watch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Was just offered $25036 for it by one of the online sellers/ buyers. Should I or shouldn't I?
Wow, that's ridiculously high for a Soul EX, even in this chip-shortage, supply-chain-challenged environment. I'd worry it might be a scam.

And if you sell it, what will you buy to replace it? Whatever windfall you may get selling a used vehicle in this environment gets swallowed by the inflated prices you'll pay for other new and used vehicles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts