Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a 2023 Soul Lx, I am looking for the cargo cover that sits up higher to block the view of contents, I cannot find this for this year. Anyone out there has any suggestions? Many thanks for considering my request.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but what I am looking for is not for the floor but to block view of items in rear, it sits higher up about the height of the rear seats. I have seen it for older Souls for not for 2023

· Registered
2,160 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but what I am looking for is not for the floor but to block view of items in rear, it sits higher up about the height of the rear seats. I have seen it for older Souls for not for 2023
Ok. The “parcel shelf” or whatever it’s called.

Does the cargo area have the mounting points for a shelf molded into the side panels? Higher trims on 2020 and up Souls did and it was available, but lower trims it was not.

But now the Soul was refreshed for 2023 I don’t know if that still is true.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Car seat cover Motor vehicle

· Registered
2018 Kia Soul + Titanium Gray
53 Posts
I just watched a video review of the 2023, & I see that they've dropped the cargo floor, & appears they've moved the rear seats back. There's no ledge for a high cargo cover, as in up near the top of the seats, & there isn't a lot of room for one now that the seats are farther back. Looks like there should be a lower cargo cover available, though, as there are ledges a few inches above the floor. I'd call the Kia Corporate number in your manual. That's how I found one for my 2018 Plus that I bought from a Honda dealership.

· Registered
5 Posts
The thing that makes the floor flat? Your dealer can order one or you can try here

The thing that makes the floor flat? Your dealer can order one or you can try here

Right. At $189 for the cargo floor and $185 for the shipping, it ain't gonna happen.

· Registered
2,160 Posts
Right. At $189 for the cargo floor and $185 for the shipping, it ain't gonna happen.
Ok?

You can use the part number and do a Google search for it that might be cheaper somewhere else. You can even try your local dealer.

· Registered
KIA SOUL 2019
30 Posts
Ok. The “parcel shelf” or whatever it’s called.

Does the cargo area have the mounting points for a shelf molded into the side panels? Higher trims on 2020 and up Souls did and it was available, but lower trims it was not.

But now the Soul was refreshed for 2023 I don’t know if that still is true.

View attachment 141463

View attachment 141465
Yes, it looks so much smaller than in my 2019 Soul. I guess they wanted to make more legroom for the rear passengers. I am glad about the way it is with my model. Plenty of room for the back passenders. But also enough room for the loading area. A top cover AAND a cool hiding place under the floor of the cargo area.

· Registered
69 Posts
Hi, I just purchased a 2023 Soul Lx, I am looking for the cargo cover that sits up higher to block the view of contents, I cannot find this for this year. Anyone out there has any suggestions? Many thanks for considering my request.
I will sell mine. Do not use it for $100 plus shipping. Also I have a Roof rack i'm selling $200 plus shipping unless you're in the Phoenix Aria you can pick it up/. Both are brand new off my 2022 Kia Soul Turbo.

· Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, kinda annoying. My base 2014 has the folding floor cover "board" but does not have any indents or notches for the Kia top cover (to shield items in the hatch area from prying eyes).
I agree, I also had a 2014 Soul, my granddaughter is now driving it, and it had the cargo floor as standard equipment and my new 2023 Soul doesn't have one at all. And while I perhaps wouldn't complain too much about the $189 price tag, they want another $185 to ship it to me in Alaska. So, I guess I'll make one.

· Registered
2023 Kia Soul LX
22 Posts
I believe I can make one out of painted 3/8" BC plywood- Lowes and Home Depot often sell precut 2x4 ft pieces. Then I will need to get a piece of cardboard to make a pattern out of- A piano hinge may of may not be needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts