Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wanted a 2022 Turbo, but no Neptune Blue or Red ones in AZ. Waited too long so will likely wait for 2023 GT Line, still has red accents inside like the Turbo just smaller engine. Good news is l hear its about same quickness but better mpg than my current 2013 Exclaim - now with nearly 120,000 miles!
Checking the Chicagoland area found only one Neptune Blue Turbo, a 2022 for $29,280. Tough time to buy one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I consider myself lucky when I bought the '22 Turbo for no more than sticker a month ago. That was the only new Soul they had on the lot and it just happened to be exactly what I wanted. All other local dealers either didn't have a Turbo or were asking more than sticker.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you can wait, just do so. The inventory is so low at all dealerships that it's a sellers' market. And dealers' revenue has to be way down because of this. Yet they need more sales volume as selling a few overpriced vehicles isn't going to fix that. When more vehicles become available, prices will drop. Keep driving that card. The average life of a car on the road as of 2021 was 12.1 years, up from 11.9 in 2020. The estimate for 2022 is 12.2 and for 2023 is 12.3. Check out:
How Old Are Cars? An Analysis of Average Age of Cars on the Road (hedgescompany.com)

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
627 Posts
...Yet they need more sales volume as selling a few overpriced vehicles isn't going to fix that. When more vehicles become available, prices will drop. ...
Was at the dealer a few weeks ago, they had no new cars on the lot. I asked the service rep if that was due to slow shipments from South Korea. He said no, its because as soon as cars arrive salesmen call potential customers who respond with "Hold it, I'll be there in 20 minutes (to buy it)". Every new vehicle gets purchased right away.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Was at the dealer a few weeks ago, they had no new cars on the lot. I asked the service rep if that was due to slow shipments from South Korea. He said no, its because as soon as cars arrive salesmen call potential customers who respond with "Hold it, I'll be there in 20 minutes (to buy it)". Every new vehicle gets purchased right away.
Interesting.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts