Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2022 Soul turbo with push button start want to be able to tow behind our motorhome on our tow dolly. Does anyone know does the steering wheel lock on the push button start and if so how do you keep it unlocked when towing. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because we have a EZ Tow dolly and it doesn’t swivel so steering wheel needs to remain unlocked.
I just purchased an 2021 Turbo when I found out that you can flat tow it with the DCT transmission. I said goodbye to the Tow Dolly. However, to use a dolly you have to use the key and put the car in neutral then turn the key in the accessory position. Make sure auto headlights and wipers are in the off position or they could turn on and drain the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wonder if the dealership could give you more information on towing or possibly your owners manual.
Wonder if the dealership could give you more information on towing or possibly your owners manual.
Yes I was on hold for over an hour with Kia Customer service today then got someone who had no idea what I was talking about said she would see if she could find out. Came back online 20 minutes later and said that’s all wheel drive right. Said no they don’t make awd souls knew I was in trouble at that point. She finally came back another 10 minutes and said she had no idea maybe should try calling a Kia dealer and asking. I did just that and had some great service from a lady in their service sept who said she wasn’t sure on the 2022 With push button start but would find out and call me back 15 mins later she called back and said that the new 2022 with push button start does not have a locking steering wheel. Which is what I was hoping for. Will be having all my factory service done there from now on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I was on hold for over an hour with Kia Customer service today then got someone who had no idea what I was talking about said she would see if she could find out. Came back online 20 minutes later and said that’s all wheel drive right. Said no they don’t make awd souls knew I was in trouble at that point. She finally came back another 10 minutes and said she had no idea maybe should try calling a Kia dealer and asking. I did just that and had some great service from a lady in their service sept who said she wasn’t sure on the 2022 With push button start but would find out and call me back 15 mins later she called back and said that the new 2022 with push button start does not have a locking steering wheel. Which is what I was hoping for. Will be having all my factory service done there from now on.
Can you flat tow the DCT 2022 turbo Kia Soul?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you flat tow the DCT 2022 turbo Kia Soul?
Yes! You can flat tow the DCT 2022 turbo Kia Soul. The only change between 2021 and 2022 is the larger computer screen and new logo. It is a push button start button, but you can put it into different modes. See owners manual. To put it in ACC (accessory) mode, do not step on brake and press start. You will see it displayed on your dash by steering wheel. There is a step to release gear shift to put into neutral. I am part of Blue Ox’s fit program! They are making a baseplate using my car! So they will be offering them soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes! You can flat tow the DCT 2022 turbo Kia Soul. The only change between 2021 and 2022 is the larger computer screen and new logo. It is a push button start button, but you can put it into different modes. See owners manual. To put it in ACC (accessory) mode, do not step on brake and press start. You will see it displayed on your dash by steering wheel. There is a step to release gear shift to put into neutral. I am part of Blue Ox’s fit program! They are making a baseplate using my car! So they will be offering them soon!
Thanks very much for the post. Any further news on getting the 2200 DCT Turbo Kia Soul set up for towing behind an RV? I am about to buy a new one and have it modified by Freedom Motors so it will accommodate a wheelchair passenger in the back. I looked at Soul base plates on the E-trailer site which offered the

Roadmaster Crossbar-Style Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms for 2022 Kia Soul
and it said that they would not fit Soul's with fog lights, which the DCT Turbo has.
I presume that the Base plate from Blue Ox tow bar will fit without too many mods to the front.
I would be very grateful for any updates.
Stay Safe
Bob

·
Banned
2,935 Posts
Bob, sounds like you've really thought about this. If all else fails, there's always the Tow Dolly.

Just a few days ago, I observed a motor home passing me in the opposite direction, towing a car.
As he passed, I could see that it was a Gen-3 Soul GT, on a Tow Dolly. He was just "Truckin' " on down the road!
A friend of mine, has a tow dolly, that can steer to follow the towing vehicle better than one with a fixed axle.
Please, keep us informed on how things work out for you. Eh?
Happy Trails, mate!
:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks very much for the post. Any further news on getting the 2200 DCT Turbo Kia Soul set up for towing behind an RV? I am about to buy a new one and have it modified by Freedom Motors so it will accommodate a wheelchair passenger in the back. I looked at Soul base plates on the E-trailer site which offered the

Roadmaster Crossbar-Style Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms for 2022 Kia Soul
and it said that they would not fit Soul's with fog lights, which the DCT Turbo has.
I presume that the Base plate from Blue Ox tow bar will fit without too many mods to the front.
I would be very grateful for any updates.
Stay Safe
Bob
Blue Ox has a baseplate for 2022 DCT turbo Kia Soul! I have one on mine. My car was used to do the fitting and modification to fit 2022. They wanted to make sure the baseplate would not Interfere with any of the sensors. They also installed like kit. You must run a trickle charge line from the six prong plug on your car to your battery of your car. The six prong plug has the cord that plugs into your seven prong on your RV. Does that make since. This will keep your car battery change while towing in neutral with the car in accessory mode. Of course you need to put into neutral.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blue Ox has a baseplate for 2022 DCT turbo Kia Soul! I have one on mine. My car was used to do the fitting and modification to fit 2022. They wanted to make sure the baseplate would not Interfere with any of the sensors. They also installed light kit. You must run a trickle charge line from the six prong plug on your car to your battery of your car. The six prong plug has the cord that plugs into your seven prong on your RV. Does that make sense? This will keep your car battery change while towing in neutral with the car in accessory mode. Of course you need to put into neutral.

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
183 Posts
Bob, sounds like you've really thought about this. If all else fails, there's always the Tow Dolly.

Just a few days ago, I observed a motor home passing me in the opposite direction, towing a car.
As he passed, I could see that it was a Gen-3 Soul GT, on a Tow Dolly. He was just "Truckin' " on down the road!
A friend of mine, has a tow dolly, that can steer to follow the towing vehicle better than one with a fixed axle.
Please, keep us informed on how things work out for you. Eh?
Happy Trails, mate!
:cool:
wow...you have friends.....cheers mate

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also am looking to buy a 2022 turbo to replace my 2016 base with a manual transmission. Would be very interested to hear about your experience towing and any other info or tips you might have
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts