Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Soul EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I touch the climate button on the touch-screen, it shows that the climate settings are "off" (which they are not) and it gives me no options to change the settings from the screen. The dealership has already performed a software update and changed out a head unit switch, but no change. I can use the physical climate buttons and knobs, just have no options for the touch screen. Anyone else having the same problems?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,988 Posts
Sounds like back to the Dealer time for warranty fix. Good luck K-Bob & please keep us posted on what was wrong.

Reactions: FLHamster and K-Bob

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
37 Posts
I have the new updated navigation system as well and mine doesn't let me control climate settings either. It just displays what the climate system is doing but offers no control. I think its just a filler app for the infotainment system. They put it in just for the sake of having it even though it's technically useless.

·
Registered
2022 Soul EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kitfox942, Thank you for that information. Maybe it is not really suppposed to control anything, and I’ll be ok with that. Sadly, the service dept techs and Kia Tech support don’t seem to know for sure either. Unfortunately, it seems like mine is still having an issue, as it doesn’t show what the climate is doing. Because yours does, I assume mine should as well.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
One solution might be, to just turn off the display screen, and just work with your manual controls, like the rest of us do. I find that my own display screen is just a big distraction, so it stays OFF.
Good Luck to ya!
:cool:

·
Registered
2022 Soul EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FLHamster, Honestly, I would have perfectly fine if the techs told me that my model doesn't come with this "feature". I really don't mind using the physical buttons and knobs and absolutely LOVE the car (a.k.a. Bob). It's simply that it appears that it should be doing something (if nothing else, accurately reflecting what the climate is doing) and the techs seem to think the same thing. So, we'll keep trying and see what comes of it!

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
37 Posts
Does yours have the digital dual zone climate control with the screen or the physical knobs?

·
Registered
2022 Soul EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like the picture below so yes, I can control the dual zones with the knobs. Don't know if I should be able to control them with the screen, as that is the question at hand.

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the same set-up in my 2020 EX. The heating and air conditioning are controlled by the knobs and buttons on the dash consol, Not on the touch screen.

Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
2022 Snow White Pearl Turbo
5 Posts
When I touch the climate button on the touch-screen, it shows that the climate settings are "off" (which they are not) and it gives me no options to change the settings from the screen. The dealership has already performed a software update and changed out a head unit switch, but no change. I can use the physical climate buttons and knobs, just have no options for the touch screen. Anyone else having the same problems?
If you look at the image, its showing the back seats. I have the same as you, but assumed it was for other Models, i.e., the Carnival. Found it frustrating but I can't find anything to indicate functionality. It's almost like they did a crappy job removing icons on our version of the display. I'll be curious if they get it to function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts