Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I joined and posted about the flashing check engine light. Dealer stated the engine needed replacing.Having 7114 miles on the clock I was shocked. The car went to the dealer on 12-10-21 and I picked it up 1-20-23. Paperwork Staes long block replaced. Kia Owners member page states: Campaign SC20941, DTC P1327 Engine R & R. I am glad it is finished. I did not ask what parts were used...hopefully new and not remanufactured. They did provide a loaner after 17 days , 27th of December. Nothing out of pocket on my end. Ready to move , Lease ends May2024 and I plan to buy it. Hopefully a good decision.

· Registered
30 Posts
Dang! Compare the cost of buying your old one to leasing a new one. Things often change reliability wise after major surgery such as that. Don't be afraid to shop around either. The internet has changed car buying. Get a price from your current dealer, then shop other dealers by email. Many dealers offer delivery and pick up your trade now, even from many miles away.

Reactions: Jallangar83

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last month I joined and posted about the flashing check engine light. Dealer stated the engine needed replacing.Having 7114 miles on the clock I was shocked. The car went to the dealer on 12-10-21 and I picked it up 1-20-23. Paperwork Staes long block replaced. Kia Owners member page states: Campaign SC20941, DTC P1327 Engine R & R. I am glad it is finished. I did not ask what parts were used...hopefully new and not remanufactured. They did provide a loaner after 17 days , 27th of December. Nothing out of pocket on my end. Ready to move , Lease ends May2024 and I plan to buy it. Hopefully a good decision.
This being my 4th lease ( Accord, F150, Fusion ) prior. I was looking for longer term ownership with the Soul but now I think differently.

· Registered
30 Posts
I didn't ask, did you have the vehicle serviced in the 7100 miles you have had it? How many months?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't ask, did you have the vehicle serviced in the 7100 miles you have had it? How many months?
First device was in April 2022, 4357 miles. Prior to that was the Piston Oil ring check recall in July 2021, 870 miles (SC209). Check engine light on in July 2022, faulty Fuel Tank Pressure Switch, replaced -5488 miles. The only more troublesome vehicle in the past was my 1997 VW Passat GLX VR6 which had alternator issues x 3.

· Registered
30 Posts
Oil changes? Can I assume you leased it in May of 21?

I am older, and even though synthetic oil is supposed to last forever in terns of lubricity, it still collects a pile of crap from the new motor. My '23 oil smelled kind of gasoline-y after a couple of semi lengthy trips, so I did oil and filter at 3100 miles. I am hoping mine lives forever.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, meant to say service was in April 2022, oil etc. I noticed the oil does get a gas type odor . I was used to 3000 service on my other vehicle with the exception being the '11 Accord which had a longer interval. My plan was to keep this Soul after lease but might have to seek out another for purchase . I am older as well.....58. :cool:

· Registered
30 Posts
I would ask the dealer for a same cost per month no money down lease on a 2023. They can swing numbers around, and sell your old low mileage heart transplant soul for good buck. Can't hurt to ask... get the Kia rep involved. Tell them you are considering changing manufacturers if not.

Also mention you are on this platform, and people are watching.
Eye Eyelash Human body Nerve Circle

Who is your dealer?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I enjoy the SOUL so far. Williams KIA has been great . There are others brands close by if I decide not to stay KIA. In the past I had to have an Infiniti G35X and the dealer was a 2 hour drive and that became cumbersome. Got to stay local. We will see . Trying to stay budget minded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts