Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incase anyone hasn't gotten the letter yet IVT has update , guess power steering does also

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Well, I didn't get the letter, but I did question my dealer's Service Writer, about possible updates, every time I went in for an oil change, and when an update was due, I had them perform the update. So, today, I'm 100% up to date on all KIA required updates.
And, oh yes, my car runs just GREAT! Thank you.

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is there somewhere I can put in my vin and see if there's updates? I had the IVT update done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What was the manufacture date of your vehicle? I just got the IVT update two weeks ago at my last oil change but nothing was said about the power steering.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was the manufacture date of your vehicle? I just got the IVT update two weeks ago at my last oil change but nothing was said about the power steering.
2020, they never said anything to me in the past either. i asked guy if there were any other services or updates since i was there. he did a search and said yea, can do power steering and radio

·
Registered
217 Posts
I called my dealer yesterday (January 14) to schedule the required State inspections. While on the phone, I asked if there were any TSBs outstanding on my car. After a long pause the response was that my car is up to date. the update to the IVT was the only one that had to be done, and that was done in July 2020.

Reactions: mumblemouth

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I guess a lot of guys just don't realize that when you buy any KIA, whether it's a Soul or other model, your car is entered into the KIA database. From that moment on, everything your dealer does to your car is entered into that database. And, there is a master database that lists every car and keeps a record of what updates they may need or have already had.
Your dealer can get more information about your car than you ever can on your own.
So when I want to know anything about my car, I just call my dealer and speak with my Service Writer. He knows me, and he can quickly look up my car and see its entire history.
I encourage every KIA owner/driver to make friends with the key people at their dealership. That makes it just so easy to get information or schedule service on your car.

Cheers Mates,
Here's wishing y'all a very good 2021.

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 135824 Incase anyone hasn't gotten the letter yet IVT has update , guess power steering does also
Thanks I have 5k miles on my 2020 gt it still hasn't had its first official kia service yet. I happen to have today off so it's perfect plus yesterday I was reading about IVT failures. Seems likely to me like maybe they are using software to try and lower chain belt slippage. Maybe it's just adding more pressure to accommodate for slip as its chain belt stretches.

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
67 Posts
I guess a lot of guys just don't realize that when you buy any KIA, whether it's a Soul or other model, your car is entered into the KIA database. From that moment on, everything your dealer does to your car is entered into that database. And, there is a master database that lists every car and keeps a record of what updates they may need or have already had.
Your dealer can get more information about your car than you ever can on your own.
So when I want to know anything about my car, I just call my dealer and speak with my Service Writer. He knows me, and he can quickly look up my car and see its entire history.
I encourage every KIA owner/driver to make friends with the key people at their dealership. That makes it just so easy to get information or schedule service on your car.

Cheers Mates,
Here's wishing y'all a very good 2021.
Interesting... How does that jibe with my trying to update my Soul's mileage in the "My Kia" site, and having it say "That function is not available for legacy vehicles." ?

Kia help has been no help there.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you're asking me.....I have no idea what you're talking about. I have never and probably never will go to that site.
I drive my car and my dealer takes care of the service...100%. WELL, 99% anyway. I do service my K&N Air Cleaner myself, and I do add Techron to my gas tank every 3k miles, about two weeks before an oil change.
OH, and I do keep an Excel spreadsheet on my car, where I list every bit of gas or anything else that's done to my car.
The spreadsheet also calculates my MPG for each tank of gas, and even the cost per mile.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
67 Posts
If you're asking me.....I have no idea what you're talking about. I have never and probably never will go to that site.
I drive my car and my dealer takes care of the service...100%. WELL, 99% anyway. I do service my K&N Air Cleaner myself, and I do add Techron to my gas tank every 3k miles, about two weeks before an oil change.
OH, and I do keep an Excel spreadsheet on my car, where I list every bit of gas or anything else that's done to my car.
The spreadsheet also calculates my MPG for each tank of gas, and even the cost per mile.

Good Luck!

Yup - asking you. Because you stated
FLHamster said:
I guess a lot of guys just don't realize that when you buy any KIA, whether it's a Soul or other model, your car is entered into the KIA database. From that moment on, everything your dealer does to your car is entered into that database.
Obviously some don't get entered.

It's not a big deal, but there it is. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts

Good Luck!
I remember a discussion about on k&n filters on another forum regarding a old ford 7.3l diesel, the members included engineers and shop techs as well, it was a well built engine and these guys knew it, so they owned one personally. In the diesel market in 7.3l days people were pounding miles on them commercially these guys saw what kept them going and what didn't. Anyways K&N filters are giving you more airflow, but sacrificing air quality. You'd never find one on a million mile truck If your really interested in taking the time to do spreadsheets for your car you probably want it to last longer than not. It might not be such a big deal with a non turbo engine maybe shaving the engine life down 100k miles but if you have a turbo it's probably the last thing you really want if your really interested in keeping it for miles. It doesn't matter to me if your after hp or whatever I know it'll never be a high priced vehicle, and the IVT will probably give more reliablity issues as the miles go by and likely 2x-3x fail before the engine does. If you use a k&n maybe make a habit of inspecting the turbo every oil change and keep a eye on oil level in between. if any crazy consumption of oil shows up might want to check the turbo over for excess play.

I like my 2020 soul gt, and you probably like yours too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts