Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,307 Posts
Would that be maybe on the window sticker? I have that but the car is on its way back to dealership already so I can't look right now.
Okay no the build dates are not on there, it says parts are from and assembled in ECT but no dates. Someday when I get it back again, and before there can be another issue, I will come back and let you know, sounds like fairly good info to collect on the issue
This sucks D Scott. Let's hope 3rd time is a charm and it comes back perfect.

I would hope that your dealer is also very much embarrassed at what's happened and will take extra steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for keeping us posted on your journey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would hope so too, I really thought this car was just fun in an oddball, hamsters can party too kinda way, I loved it the first 500 miles I really want to love it for 100000, but 500 miles at a time would be a big ask.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Would that be maybe on the window sticker? I have that but the car is on its way back to dealership already so I can't look right now.
Okay no the build dates are not on there, it says parts are from and assembled in ECT but no dates. Someday when I get it back again, and before there can be another issue, I will come back and let you know, sounds like fairly good info to collect on the issue
No, the ”builder’s plate” in on the low potion of the driver’s side door.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would hope that your dealer is also very much embarrassed at what's happened and will take extra steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.
If by "taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again" you mean insuring the transmission doesn't fail a 3rd time, I don't think there is anything the dealer can do. The dealer didn't design these transmissions and only replaces them, ie, the dealer doesn't rebuild them. They get another transmission from Kia and replace the failed transmission with it and then keep their fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
If by "taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again" you mean insuring the transmission doesn't fail a 3rd time, I don't think there is anything the dealer can do. The dealer didn't design these transmissions and only replaces them, ie, the dealer doesn't rebuild them. They get another transmission from Kia and replace the failed transmission with it and then keep their fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
I agree Engage, the dealer doesn't rebuild them. There is however more than just a plug 'n play action in replacing the tranny. If it were my shop, I'd make sure I put my best mechanic on this one. Make sure all procedures are followed & then QC'd. Are all fluids correct, ECU flashed properly. Closely check all computer SCANS, making sure all tolerances are met. Then test, test, test to make sure they did their part of the job right, before handing back the keys.

Since the Dealer is the "face of Kia” for D Scott, my point is they need to step up the level of service on this one especially, because it sounds like if it fails again, they will lose a customer for life.

Reactions: mikewo6o

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay just got it back again, third transmissions the charm right? I sure do hope so, drove home, which is almost 90 miles with no probs, as fun as the day I bought it so we'll see what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!! My husband and I have a 2020 Soul GT with 2681 miles and the transmission recently failed (3 hours away from home). I’ve done some research and spoken to an attorney about the lemon law and was curious if anyone has tried to pursue that? Based on my discussion with an attorney, the car has to be in an authorized repair facility for more than 30 cumulative working days or had 4 attempts to correct a warranty-covered failure (this is in Missouri). The interesting part is that the law states that the 30 days may be extended if repairs cannot be made for reasons beyond the manufacturer’s control. So the question now becomes... is the 6-8 week wait for a new transmission a wait time that is “beyond their control”? Has anyone challenged this? Some questions asked were: who makes the transmission, is there a shortage of parts, why does it take so long, and why aren’t the replacements readily available (or can they be obtained from a dealer that has one).
As for us, we’re keeping all records and receipts for our rental to get back home and the time and gas to go get our loaner (rental) and any other trips we make to the dealer for the car.
Anyone else have any advice or input on this??
I bought 2020 soul in Va, 3000 miles, transmission went bad, they replaced it, hasnt been right since, my oil has been burned 2x before the schedule oil change, transmission doesnt shift right at all, you cant sped up with out the transmission gears not shifting, my oil smells like it has gas in it. The dealership sucks, kia sucks. I will take a lose and trade it in someone else.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought 2020 soul in Va, 3000 miles, transmission went bad, they replaced it, hasnt been right since, my oil has been burned 2x before the schedule oil change, transmission doesnt shift right at all, you cant sped up with out the transmission gears not shifting, my oil smells like it has gas in it. The dealership sucks, kia sucks. I will take a lose and trade it in someone else.
That's some first post.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
That's some first post.
Agreed! The only thing missing from his rant is the kitchen sink. Most folks would be seeking advice or help. This seems to be letting us know we all made a bad decision purchasing a Kia, because well, they suck.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
786 Posts
If someone walked into a bar full of strangers and started a rant like this with no background history, I would be moving my stool further down the bar. 😣

41 - 50 of 50 Posts