Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
It's a manual-automatic VS old fashioned automatic .
No...no it is not!
It does not require you to shift manually clutch pedal or not.
Don't let the letter "C" in the D.C.T. designation fool you into thinking it's a "manual automatic"
My 70's VW bug had a "semi automatic" which had a conventional 4 speed shifter on the floor and a clutch yet no clutch pedal.
It used a vacuum diaphragm to engage/disengage the clutch and simple downward hand pressure on the shifter knob was all it took to activate it.
Now that was a "manual automatic" fer sure!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
No...no it is not!
It does not require you to shift manually clutch pedal or not.
Ok I know there is no separate pedal and I don't want to get into the whole internet debate here, but you can read I assume.

A dual-clutch transmission (DCT) (sometimes referred to as a twin-clutch transmission or double-clutch transmission) is an automated transmission in automobiles, closely related to a manual transmission.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Ok I know there is no separate pedal and I don't want to get into the whole internet debate here, but you can read I assume.

A dual-clutch transmission (DCT) (sometimes referred to as a twin-clutch transmission or double-clutch transmission) is an automated transmission in automobiles, closely related to a manual transmission.
It's a forum dude (may I call you dude?) that's what we do here...debate and discuss.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
527 Posts
It's not spam
I'm still dealing with Kia without any response from them.
They still haven't done anything!

OK, but flooding 2 separate forums, months apart, with the same rant is kind of the definition of Spam. Are you actually seeking possible answers to your problem or are you using these forums as a rant against Kia? As far as I'm aware, these forums are not owned by Kia, they have their own forums elsewhere on the internet.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think he just got dates confused in his rage, which after dealing with my Kia Optima issues last few weeks I could understand.

I'm all for expressing rage when you feel you've been done wrong, but if that's all you do what's the point? Kia management doesn't follow these forums that I'm aware of. I'm just thinking about how much could have been done during those 9 months towards a solution with Kia, which will most-likely involve a lawyer or three at this point. jeffbeck27 is simply copy/pasting his rant from 9 months ago without appending any updates towards a solution. That's spam in my book.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hello all! Just wanted to give an update. I got a call yesterday that the car was ready to be picked up, which means that it only took about 2&1/2 weeks, which is a lot faster than expected. Which also means, we can't lemon law this thing. Not sure if y'all knew this, but they put remanned transmissions in these warranty repairs. Which makes me really uneasy... my brand new car has a rebuilt transmission. Awesome!! So now, I'm going to submit all of my receipts for fuel to pick up the rental and go retrieve the car (I was not super excited to have spent the better part of two different days to do these things), submit mileage, and the receipt for our rental to get home after the failure. I'm going to also ask for diminished value of some sort because really, who wants to buy a practically brand new car with a rebuilt transmission in it??

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Car rental place that dropped me off at a dealership told me a girl had 700 miles on her 2020 Soul when her transmission went buh bye.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I'm not 16k miles on my 2020 xline. At the 15k mile service there was a ECM update and now 1k miles later my trans is acting up. I'm dropping it off tomorrow. I'm gonna make a video of the tach so I can show them what it's doing. So they cant say unable to duplicate. I'll update after I hear back from them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Adrianne679:
I would not be concerned about a rebuilt trans...problems.
My 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe developed a ticking noise in the trans at ~24K miles.
Worked fine, but the noise was not right.
Hyundai replaced it in 3 days.
Mechanic did a sanitary job.
Zero transmission issues to 140K miles, when it was traded

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok jeffbeck27.

After all that would you consider hiring a lawyer? It may be your only option
I've been trying to find a lawyer for a year. It doesn't meet the lemon law requirements because it's a design flaw, Kia knows its a problem, the transmission,
but they don't have a fix for it. They changed the transmission in 2020 in the soul turbo.
Lawyers that deal with these problems want to use the lemon law. They don't want the case because it doesn't meet those requirements.
If anyone knows a lawyer that deals with these issues, please post their contact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm all for expressing rage when you feel you've been done wrong, but if that's all you do what's the point? Kia management doesn't follow these forums that I'm aware of. I'm just thinking about how much could have been done during those 9 months towards a solution with Kia, which will most-likely involve a lawyer or three at this point. jeffbeck27 is simply copy/pasting his rant from 9 months ago without appending any updates towards a solution. That's spam in my book.
Wow your assuming a lot, I haven't posted in here in months, it was no copy paste.
It's just a long going problem Kia does not want to touch.
They hope you give up.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow your assuming a lot, I haven't posted in here in months, it was no copy paste.

Really? Then why did your posting in this thread include the user-info and message number from another posting? (the first lines at the top)
Registered
Joined Nov 9, 2018
5 Posts
#8 41 mins ago

ITS THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION
All 2019 Turbos have this problem and owners need to get together for a class action lawsuit!
Here is my story:

So I'm going to say it.
The 2019 Kia soul TURBO transmission is a piece of SH**.
Bought my car at the end of Oct 2019.
By mid Jan with about 7500 miles on the car the transmission started to show clutch problems and hesitation when needing to accelerate quickly like merging on the hwy or passing.
The hesitation, is the software searching for a gear for the manual transmission that's run by the software, the hesitation would last 2 seconds which is a long time when you need to accelerate right now.
ALSO, when starting to move from a stop, the clutch would slip may times, like a person that didn't know how to drive a manual transmission letting the clutch out.
from a stop it would go jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk jerk until it would smooth out. This was not subtle, anyone that rides in the car asks, " what's wrong with your transmission".
If you are on a slight incline when starting, it's even worse.
The service manager at Kia and a tech took it for a drive and confirmed the problem. They said that it is not right but its the same with all Soul 2019 Turbo models.
Kia ran tests on it and said it was operating to spec....Meaning, they don't have a fix for it, it's a design flaw.
If you drove the car with the problem ( which does not show up until you have 7,000 - 10,000 miles on the car ) you would Never buy the car.
The service manager and tech said to file a consumer report with Kia Corp which i did in Jan 2019.
Kia says they will look into it and get back to you.
They never called me back.
When i called them, they say the case has been reassigned and they will have the person taking care of it to call me.
Again, they never call back. When i called back they say the person is not in and will call me back.
No one in 12 months has ever called me back! They have assigned me several different case numbers but every time i call in they always tell me they can't find it or it has expired?
Expired in 4 weeks???
I have called Kia over 20 times about this and they always say some one will call me back but no one ever does. The service manager and tech manager both are appalled that Kia ignores me so much that they have tried calling for me but even they can't get Kia to do anything.
Apparently this is a known design issue that Kia knows about and won't do anything about it. Its going to take a class action lawsuit from all 2019 Kia soul turbo owners to get Kia to do anything.
It does not meet the requirements for the Lemon law because its a design flaw in the transmission, it can't be fixed or adjusted to make it operate properly. They know it, they can't fix it, and there only recourse is to ignore the customer.
The worst car company I have ever had to deal with after purchasing 14 cars and trucks in my 63 years.
They do Not care a Rats ass about their customers!
Shame on Kia !!! I will never buy another one.

Look, I have no problems with angry owners venting, but please do not flood several forums with the same copy/pasted rant, that's then considered spamming. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I am not alone from the looks of it. I bought my Kia soul gt 2020 1144 miles ago, yes that's right 1100 miles. At less than 600 the transmission just died and the dealership here was great about it. The transmission had been recalled ECT, no problem, they put me in a rental for 2 weeks because they had to wait for a transmission. Nevermind the part where if you know it's been recalled why on Earth haven't you already got some on order, knowing you need them?.
I got the car back, went right back to loving my new car it was so much fun ...... And now...... I once again have a car with no transmission. Less than 600 miles later! I don't even know what I'm supposed to say about this, but I am not so sure that I want to drive a rental for 2 weeks every 5 or 6 hundred miles. I am disappointed to be sure, and feeling like I have been duped out of money that I could have used to buy a reliable vehicle

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I am not alone from the looks of it. I bought my Kia soul gt 2020 1144 miles ago, yes that's right 1100 miles. At less than 600 the transmission just died and the dealership here was great about it. The transmission had been recalled ECT, no problem, they put me in a rental for 2 weeks because they had to wait for a transmission. Nevermind the part where if you know it's been recalled why on Earth haven't you already got some on order, knowing you need them?.
I got the car back, went right back to loving my new car it was so much fun ...... And now...... I once again have a car with no transmission. Less than 600 miles later! I don't even know what I'm supposed to say about this, but I am not so sure that I want to drive a rental for 2 weeks every 5 or 6 hundred miles. I am disappointed to be sure, and feeling like I have been duped out of money that I could have used to buy a reliable vehicle
A quick question, what was the build date on your Soul? It is on the drivers door post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would that be maybe on the window sticker? I have that but the car is on its way back to dealership already so I can't look right now.
Okay no the build dates are not on there, it says parts are from and assembled in ECT but no dates. Someday when I get it back again, and before there can be another issue, I will come back and let you know, sounds like fairly good info to collect on the issue

·
Registered
954 Posts
If mine, I would pursue lemon replacement or refund after 2 transmission problems.

Greg

21 - 40 of 46 Posts