Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am sad yet relieved. Just got word my 2020 Kia Soul GT has been deemed a total loss after someone T boned us in a shopping center on Sept. 19th. The center beam was beyond repair. We thought it was coming to this point, but wasn't sure. Now we have to wait 24-48 hours for the insurance to get an estimate of value so we can pay it to our finance company, and then let GAP coverage pay the rest. Now to find another car. Grateful wife and I are fine, very sad our car was not. Thankful both the body shop and Insurance did us right and in the end, the correct thing was done.
The amounts that will subtract is any contracts such as ext warrant. I had rental coverage. Gap will subtract amounts that you can be prorated refunded. Those are separate checks.
Get the turbo this time. Very little is available as options such as puddle lights etc. you will have a sticker of ab 28-29 thousand. My USAA paid within 2 weeks and gap is about 30 day process. Now for color....you only have red, black, charcoal,blue and white.
glad u r ok, and being treated well. Let me know what you get!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am digging the decal. Yeah if I get the turbo I am for sure getting the black just like I had before. Its a process obviously and its going to take longer than I want it to I am sure.

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
41 Posts
We are both okay, thanks for asking about it.
I was t-boned once (totaled the car, my wifes Karman Ghia convertible...she never forgave me :rolleyes:) and I thought I was OK, but the next day realized my ribs were messed up from the impact of the door. Probably not gonna happen with those curtains "pulled". Which, by the way, is a cool look!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh man I am so sorry!
Glad you're alright & thanks for sharing.

If totaled you looking to the 2021 Turbo Soul? The GT-Lline Turbo apparently was a one-off in that it's been rebadged.
It is totaled now, and I am looking at the Turbo now. I was noticing the rebadged thing.

Reactions: RevScott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What type of vehicle was she driving and do you know approximately how fast she was going?
She was driving a Honda Civic and too fast to have supposedly stop at the stop sign and hit me as hard as she did. At least she admitted to fault and the police said as much too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, best deal I can find. City Kia has 12, that’s right 12 turbos, in Neptune blue!
now they are in Orlando, Florida, but what about fly and drive? With 12 they must be willing to make you a deal that would sell you blue! 888-434-0598!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Maybe you should have an old Corolla. Apparently those things can take a hit!
Saw this one driving along the street today. I wonder if it's not totaled because they have no insurance. :rolleyes:

100_6044.JPG

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe you should have an old Corolla. Apparently those things can take a hit!
Saw this one driving along the street today. I wonder if it's not totaled because they have no insurance. :rolleyes:

View attachment 134982
If the car is paid off and the accident is the other drivers, they can take the check, fix the car or go on vacation. same sitUstinov their fault. Drive on. If the car has a lien, not their fault, car must be fixed with the check. If it is their fault, they can report it to insurance or not, but drive on. A lotta people just drivin on nowadays! 😳

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
So what are you looking at, for your next car? The fact that you're OK, speaks well for the safety of the Soul.
Back in the Gen-1 days, we had a member who got his Soul T-Boned by an old gal in a Caddy.
His Soul was totaled.
He was OK, but so mentally distraught, that he couldn't stand to get another Soul. He wound up getting a new Mustang convertible. I'm not sure I would have gone that route, but it worked for him.
Let us know what you decide on.
Happy Trails,
:cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am digging the decal. Yeah if I get the turbo I am for sure getting the black just like I had before. Its a process obviously and its going to take longer than I want it to I am sure.
Well, let us know, what you are looking at, finding and liking?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also did you get the message about the 12 on one lot?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I ended up getting a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Black Edition. No Souls on the lot I like to go to. I tried the Kia K5, too low to the ground for when I have knee problems. Also tried the Seltos SX, which I liked, but for $4,000 less, the Outlander Sport BE checked marked the boxes of items I wanted and won. I am sad that I couldn't get another Soul and that mine is gone. Thank you to the community for everything.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,299 Posts
I ended up getting a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Black Edition. No Souls on the lot I like to go to. I tried the Kia K5, too low to the ground for when I have knee problems. Also tried the Seltos SX, which I liked, but for $4,000 less, the Outlander Sport BE checked marked the boxes of items I wanted and won. I am sad that I couldn't get another Soul and that mine is gone. Thank you to the community for everything.
Congrats on your new Outlander Sport cheesy. I'm impressed they offer the same warranty as Kia and if you read reviews, owners like their Mitsubishi's.

(side note: compare the 2015 Soul with 220 Engine complaints vs 2015 Outlander Sport with 29 Engine complaints of Safercar.gov NHTSA)

All the best with your new ride.

Cool looking!

Reactions: CheesyJokester

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
71 Posts
Congrats. Looks like a cool ride.
Post a few pics?

Enjoy

·
Registered
66 Posts
It does not take that much to get me smiling, but today upon a good full throttle axel with ne shifting I actually got a nice chirp going into third!! I have not been able to do that since my uncles 79 Z28 with a shift kit in it. I’m impressed!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
As requested here are some photos. I added a Knight decal to the passenger side back window and soon a dragon on the other side of the car. I also have my Star Trek badge coming to put on the back window. I got my Viper SmartStart remote start installed yesterday. I still miss my soul and all the little addons I put in it. At some point I want to add window tint to all the side windows and back. Probably go with a ceramic one to help with heat inside. Looking late Spring early Summer for that probably. Sorry about the reflection of the bike in the garage. The full side view is it at the dealership when they were working on our deal. I also added a Dragon plate on the front since Ohio doesn't require a front plate since around July now, and it already had the holes there, so figured that made sense.

Reactions: GeoSoul
21 - 40 of 41 Posts