Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2020 Kia Soul GT-Line and the hard cargo board is missing. The car only has a thin board covering the spare tire. I was checking on kiaaccessoryguide.com and the missing board is not an accessory. They have the Durable Waterproof Tray (Part# K0F12 AU000) but that is a plastic cover for the hard board. Can anybody give me a hint on how to get the cargo board? I'd appreciate any comment.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Hi joro, you are correct that your Soul should have come with an upper cargo cover (board). I would simply stop back (or call) your salesperson at the dealer. While it should have been caught before you drove off, there's every chance it got "borrowed" for another car & not put back.

When I bought my Soul, the salesperson grabbed a couple things from another Soul to sweeten the deal. I wondered what happened to the poor person who got the other one :)

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
Jorofino - you did not make it clear regarding the specific GT-Line, there is two versions one with the 2.0L engine and the other with the 1.6L turbo and the standard equipment is quite different. (please fill out your signature line with full details of your vehicle and where you are located)

If you got the 2.0L version then the dual level cargo board is an option (that's what I am presuming you are talking about), standard on the GT turbo and EX models.
If you got the 2.0L GT line with the Sunroof package ($1900), then the dual level cargo board plus cargo cover are included along with other items.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jorofino - you did not make it clear regarding the specific GT-Line, there is two versions one with the 2.0L engine and the other with the 1.6L turbo and the standard equipment is quite different. (please fill out your signature line with full details of your vehicle and where you are located)

If you got the 2.0L version then the dual level cargo board is an option (that's what I am presuming you are talking about), standard on the GT turbo and EX models.
If you got the 2.0L GT line with the Sunroof package ($1900), then the dual level cargo board plus cargo cover are included along with other items.
You are right. I have 2.0L GT-Line without Sunroof package, non turbo version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at the dealer today and they mention that the board is an accessory but they don't have the part number yet.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Sorry Joro, I thought you were talking about the upper board that shields people from seeing into the cargo area.

The hard-board that covers the lower tire/cargo space you're talking about is included with the SunRoof Package (not that it has anything to do with a sunroof :))

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
the underside of the dual level cargo floor

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
fortunately in Canada we don't have to worry about this feature as all our models include the dual level cargo board standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 Kia Soul GT-Line and the hard cargo board is missing. The car only has a thin board covering the spare tire. I was checking on kiaaccessoryguide.com and the missing board is not an accessory. They have the Durable Waterproof Tray (Part# K0F12 AU000) but that is a plastic cover for the hard board. Can anybody give me a hint on how to get the cargo board? I'd appreciate any comment.
you have to order it, idid and its fits perdfect took two months , got part number from the turbo version--part number 85715-k0000--146.51 dollars

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is a good deal, despite the wait. My dealer wanted $250-300 if I remember right. Plus they had 3 already on order for people that still hadn’t arrived after 2 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi joro, you are correct that your Soul should have come with an upper cargo cover (board). I would simply stop back (or call) your salesperson at the dealer. While it should have been caught before you drove off, there's every chance it got "borrowed" for another car & not put back.

When I bought my Soul, the salesperson grabbed a couple things from another Soul to sweeten the deal. I wondered what happened to the poor person who got the other one :)
This was the case when I purchased my 2018 Soul Turbo. I had owned my car a year when it was time to replace the inside cabin air filter. I live in San Francisco and last year we had terrible fires. Anyway, when I looked in the glove box there was no cover for the filter. In fact, this would explain why it was always so drafty on the passenger side when driving on the freeway. Air was coming right through the glove box into the cabin. It took an unnecessarily long time to get it replaced, but that's another story, and what ended up happening was they took a cover from one of the cars on the lot and installed it in my car. I bet the same thing happened to whoever purchased that car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts