Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Old Soul,
I was in your neighborhood yesterday. I stopped at Cody's Roadhouse, Brownwood, for lunch and then went to Cody's on the lake for desert.
I'd love to meet you there for lunch some day.

I also saw a number of Gen-3 Souls yesterday. They seem to be selling very well, here in Central FL.

Cheers Mates
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm at 5100 on our 2020 Soul X-Line 2.0 and the dipstick level has always read at the full-mark. It gets driven moderately. My wife drives it lightly and I drive it hard. Changed the oil at 2k and will change it again at 5750.

I will have the dealer's Total Quartz Synblend 5w20 analyzed then and will post the results.
Good that you are one who actually checks the oil level.
Good oil change intervals.
However, strongly suggest switching to 5W30 (Total Quartz is good oil).

·
Registered
888 Posts
From the manual
No special break-in period is needed. By following a few simple precautions for the first 600 miles (1,000 km) you may add to the performance, economy and life of your vehicle.
  • Do not race the engine.
  • While driving, keep your engine speed (rpm, or revolutions per minute) between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.
  • Do not maintain a single speed for long periods of time, either fast or slow.Varying engine speed is needed to properly break-in the engine.
  • Avoid hard stops, except in emergencies, to allow the brakes to seat properly
  • Don't let the engine idle longer than 3 minutes at one time.
  • Don't tow a trailer during the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km) of operation.
I think what FLHamster is saying is to work the motor, such as accelerate, then back off, which conforms with bullet 3.
Several of my M/C simply suggest to not hold sustained WOT the first 600-1,000 miles.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts