Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

2020 Soul EX or 2021 Seltos EX?

• Total voters
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I voted for the Seltos - I love the car but I don't want to pay a $4000 premium just because it is new. and has a few more inches of cargo space; that extra inch of wheelbase seems to make it feel or ride larger in my opinion. They are discounting the 2020 Souls and charging a premium for the 2021 Seltos. I decided to wait a while and hopefully they will be discounting the Seltos in a few months. The one I tested 2 1/2 weeks ago is still sitting there so they aren't flying off the dealer's floor

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello! I was really eyeing a new 2020 Soul EX because it has all of the options I want (aside from the premium speaker setup), but then I saw the Seltos and really liked it too. We bought a Telluride last year and absolutely LOVE it, so I’m looking at trading in my 2012 Focus Titanium manual (that I love) for a automatic that my wife can drive whenever she’s not using the Telluride. Price wise, I really love the Soul EX, but I’m wondering if I should go with the “Baby Telluride” because I love our Telluride so much. Thoughts?
Apples and oranges really. The Soul is a simple, fuel efficient, utilitarian, iconic boxy FWD hatchback. The Seltos is a miniaturized modern swoopy, creased, crossover SUV (with AWD available). Seltos costs more at a given level of equipment. It comes down to budget, need for AWD and style preference.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,607 Posts
The Seltos has the same total cargo capacity as the Soul. That 1" extra wheelbase would be pretty much the same ride as the Soul unless you bought an AWD Seltos which comes with independent rear suspension.

The fully tricked out Seltos with destination is knocking on $30k. Compare that with a base Telluride or something like a Sportage S that have larger powertrains & higher end finishes (you know, something tangible).

Unless you just gotta have AWD, the Seltos is a Soul minus the hamster swag :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts