Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, any way yo reset to old version and get rid of new one?
Call up KIA and demand it. Keep escalating it. I unfortunately used the same USB for both updates, so the old one is totally gone and I can't download it again to try. KIA and MnSoft both say it cant be downgraded. I KNOW that is not true. If the system has writable flash memory, it can be rewritten with different software..duh. Thats how we got the new software! There very well could be logic in there to check for and reject lower version numbers, so if I had an old copy of the software maybe I wouldn't be able to use it, but you better believe that there is a way. It may be that MnSoft would have to send a special version of the software, like the old software with a version number bump or new signature...or maybe a dealer could reflash the head unit. There is a way.
I would prefer KIA to address some of the shortcomings to make the system better for everyone though, but I really want the old version back in the short term.

· Registered
457 Posts
Call up KIA and demand it. Keep escalating it. I unfortunately used the same USB for both updates, so the old one is totally gone and I can't download it again to try. KIA and MnSoft both say it cant be downgraded. I KNOW that is not true. If the system has writable flash memory, it can be rewritten with different software..duh. Thats how we got the new software! There very well could be logic in there to check for and reject lower version numbers, so if I had an old copy of the software maybe I wouldn't be able to use it, but you better believe that there is a way. It may be that MnSoft would have to send a special version of the software, like the old software with a version number bump or new signature...or maybe a dealer could reflash the head unit. There is a way.
I would prefer KIA to address some of the shortcomings to make the system better for everyone though, but I really want the old version back in the short term.
It would be easy to add an or "Revert to Prior Version" function so this could be done. But they probably don't want to add the memory to store two versions.

· Registered
13 Posts
Just to confirm, we're talking about NAM 13.42.44.680.201, correct? That's the last one I find on their website.
No. That is the Map version and is not the one we are currently discussing, however it might have been way back at the start of the thread. The issues are overwhelmingly with the system software, but it all comes bundled together. The newest software is SK3.USA.S5W_M.V005.0001.201029 which comes with map version NAM13.47.50.610.201. The last group of digits in the software version is the date code 2020/10/29, which was released for download in November. This one changes the whole interface to I believe look like the new K5 does.

· Registered
13 Posts
It is awful
Do you have any other issues or comments to add to my thread on this?

· Registered
701 Posts
Anyone install the updated software? I know they released it, then pulled it for a minute, and now it is up again, wondering if anyone installed the updated one after they pulled it.
I installed the October 2022 update in Early November of ’22 - no problems with it. The next update should be com out sometime in April 2023.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts