Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Just got it in the mail today. You need to put it on a thumb drive if you download it . For the $31 ($25 + $6 shipping) it included a 64gig thumb drive. If you have a place I can upload 49GB of files I'll send it. My Dropbox will only take 18GB.
The download site still isn't working. I did what you did and Paid $31. I'm not complaining - most other car companies charge $150 to $200 for an update.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
installed it today. makes some minor changes to the home screen. different weather provider it looks like. Says has 3d maps now but havent experienced it yet
Thanks, mumblemouth. Where on the system for the 2020 EX do you insert the drive to upload the update?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX Designer Package in Cherry Black
8 Posts
I took a look at the website. They said they do releases in April and September. I got my 2020 EX in May and it shows I have version NAM 12.47.44.510.205.3. The website says current version is NAM.13.41.41.XXX. My question is do I wait to see if there will be a September release or get the current one now?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took a look at the website. They said they do releases in April and September. I got my 2020 EX in May and it shows I have version NAM 12.47.44.510.205.3. The website says current version is NAM.13.41.41.XXX. My question is do I wait to see if there will be a September release or get the current one now?
Regarding your new Soul, mine was new in April. I purchased and just installed the updated software 13.41.41XXX. Did this because the software support contact I spoke with guessed a newer update would be later this year, maybe December, so that's too ambiguous for me. My personal decision was that considering all the money I spend on my EX, I want full capability from my nav. But also, if you're not familiar with software versions, a jump from "12" to "13" is a major release with important changes and problem patches. A jump from like "12.41" to "12.42" is just nice-to-have patches. And a jump from "12.41.41" to "12.41.42" is a patch that fixes problems. So some of those lesser ones I might skip.

There is one new feature, I think, is cool. By pressing Media, It plays "Sounds of Nature" if you want some audio other than music/talk, etc. They are titled:
-Living Forest
-Calm Sea Waves
-Rainy Day
-Open-Air Cafe
-Warm Fireplace
-Snowy Village
That is all for that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
MAP UPDATE PROCESS - I followed when installing 13.41.41XXX for my 2020 EX with proximity key. Total time was about 29 minutes.
1) Because this was my first time doing this in my garage and it's hot, I didn't know if the car would get hot idling so I set up fan in front of the radiator to circulate the air. Engine temp stayed where it normally was.
2) Turned off my phone's Bluetooth.
3) Started vehicle and left proximity key in vehicle.
4) Pressed Setup.
5) Selected General on screen.
6) Selected System Info.
7) Selected SW Info/Update.
8) Inserted USB.
9) Selected Yes when update choice appeared.
10) Selected recommended Quick Update which does everything you need.
11) Watched the five updates be applied.
#1 applying Map changes ~17 minutes.
#2 applying System changes ~5 minutes.
#3 applying GPS changes was maybe 2 seconds.
#4 too fast to see what changed.
#5 apply uCom changes ~3 minutes.
12) Then the system restarted once for 3 minutes and then again for 1 minute.
Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It doesn’t seem to work. Every time I click the link to download the software, it does nothing. I wish someone had the Ver.14 files for the Canadian update!
What link are you accessing. According to Kia, no download is available for the 2020 Soul. You have to purchase the USB.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a new Soul that's two weeks old and would be interested in the source.
Information about the maps is at www.mapnsoft.com. After you open that you'll see three icons, one for Genesis, one for Hyundai, and one for Kia. Click on Kia. Note that Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia share map info as well as components within the cars. Like Soul's transmission of supposed to be from Hyundai.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Information about the maps is at www.mapnsoft.com. After you open that you'll see three icons, one for Genesis, one for Hyundai, and one for Kia. Click on Kia. Note that Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia share map info as well as components within the cars. Like Soul's transmission of supposed to be from Hyundai.
Correctl! And it's FREE unless you don't want to do the download the file then you can OPTIONALLY buy it on USB for $25. I bought the initial one a year ago because I didn't want to wait for the download to become available 2 months later. I used their USB thumb drive I bought for the first one last year for the new one.

I can only speak for a 2020 SOUL not any other model.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Correctl! And it's FREE unless you don't want to do the download the file then you can OPTIONALLY buy it on USB for $25. I bought the initial one a year ago because I didn't want to wait for the download to become available 2 months later. I used their USB thumb drive I bought for the first one last year for the new one.

I can only speak for a 2020 SOUL not any other model.
Bad news. I contacted Kia and when I did it a couple of months ago, the download wasn't available. So I had to purchase it. Buying it requires paying about $7.00 to have the USB shipped. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Bad news. I contacted Kia and when I did it a couple of months ago, the download wasn't available. So I had to purchase it. Buying it requires paying about $7.00 to have the USB shipped. :(
EDIT: I misread your message. You are referring to the FIRST update that came out early this year (or late last year) when the download wasn't available for a while after release. I also bought that one because I didn't want to wait. That was was a number of months ago because I get notification when new versions are released. The most recent version from end of August released around 5-6 weeks ago (below) had the download option available immediately as I was notified the day of release and immediately downloaded it.

Kia doesn't know anything. Go to www.mapnsoft.com. . THE DOWNLOAD IS FREE. If you want it sent to you on a USB STICK you must PAY. At least for a 2020 SOUL.

Reactions: Rock the Box

·
Registered
54 Posts
EDIT: I misread your message. You are referring to the FIRST update that came out early this year (or late last year) when the download wasn't available for a while after release. I also bought that one because I didn't want to wait. That was was a number of months ago because I get notification when new versions are released. The most recent version from end of August released around 5-6 weeks ago (below) had the download option available immediately as I was notified the day of release and immediately downloaded it.

Kia doesn't know anything. Go to www.mapnsoft.com. . THE DOWNLOAD IS FREE. If you want it sent to you on a USB STICK you must PAY. At least for a 2020 SOUL.

RetiredinFL - Hey, thanks for the update! Was thinking the new map wouldn't be out until later this year but this is great. And surprised v14 is a free download. That's nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you plan on downloading, note my experience here. Version 14 is 19.187 GB. My download speed is about .4 MB/sec. Expect a total time of 13+ hours. Long process. Downloading directly to my Windows 10 hard drive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I completed the "2020 Kia Soul Map Update 146U5W" on my vehicle. Total time to install was just under 30 minutes. Be aware the update is identified as "146U5W" or more casually as "Version 14," but when installed you'll see either the version is "NAM.13.47.44.680.201" or a newer version where more minor changes/corrections have been included.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If you plan on downloading, note my experience here. Version 14 is 19.187 GB. My download speed is about .4 MB/sec. Expect a total time of 13+ hours. Long process. Downloading directly to my Windows 10 hard drive.
.4MB/Sec! 13+ hours! Yikes! Sounds like a 1984 dialup. :) Took me about 7 minutes!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts