Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a map AND SYSTEM update coming out in a few days I am wondering if KIA includes any free map updates with a a new vehicle.
The NAV is no big deal as there are so many other options but there also will be a ent system upgrade with it (and probably other stuff likely BT and Carplay ???).

Reactions: Narsil

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I called Kia and they said I had to pay for it then I went to the map website and it was basically free. I had to pay $25 for the usb sticks they send It on plus $6 shipping but even that would be free if I waited till May when a free download would be available. Originally it said July for downloading but they just changed it so I should have waited 2 weeks.
Website is:
Www.mapnsoft.com

Reactions: Narsil and eGAK009

·
Registered
54 Posts
I called Kia and they said I had to pay for it then I went to the map website and it was basically free. I had to pay $25 for the usb sticks they send It on plus $6 shipping but even that would be free if I waited till May when a free download would be available. Originally it said July for downloading but they just changed it so I should have waited 2 weeks.
Website is:
Www.mapnsoft.com
Thanks for that info. So are you going to download to an USB or an SD Card? I can't find an SD slot so will a USB work?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info. So are you going to download to an USB or an SD Card? I can't find an SD slot so will a USB work?
Just got it in the mail today. You need to put it on a thumb drive if you download it . For the $31 ($25 + $6 shipping) it included a 64gig thumb drive. If you have a place I can upload 49GB of files I'll send it. My Dropbox will only take 18GB.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got it in the mail today. You need to put it on a thumb drive if you download it . For the $31 ($25 + $6 shipping) it included a 64gig thumb drive. If you have a place I can upload 49GB of files I'll send it. My Dropbox will only take 18GB.
Thanks, but I'll download it. I'm used to doing that with a Garmin. Glad you helped me out.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
13 Posts
Is this only for the 10 inch screen?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do not get the option for downloading the map update on the site. Do you have to request the download or am I missing it on the site?

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX, Gravity Gray
48 Posts
The download option is noted as arriving on May 15. I'm hoping it will show up then. (Friday)
Image 5-12-20 at 9.18 AM.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually contacted mapnsoft asking when they week release the download. I own a 2020 Kia Soul Gt Turbo. They wrote right back saying that for my car I would need to purchase the software and that it will not be released as a download. I then checked all of the 2020 Kia’s and 21 Seltos and no car had a free download, all have to be purchased. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ordered mine last wed. Got a shipping number next day. But just says USPS waiting for item since then. When i actually get it, ill update on how it is, possibly upload it somewhere

·
Registered
27 Posts
installed it today. makes some minor changes to the home screen. different weather provider it looks like. Says has 3d maps now but havent experienced it yet

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
72 Posts
If anyone has the update and is willing to upload it, Google Drive should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
72 Posts
Gotcha. I didn't realize Drive had a file size limit.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX
10 Posts
Posted this in another discussion, but what about a torrent? Or is that a big no? I have a ton of USB drives and don't care about doing the PC thing. I'm more concerned about 60 min to update the damn radio lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Posted this in another discussion, but what about a torrent? Or is that a big no? I have a ton of USB drives and don't care about doing the PC thing. I'm more concerned about 60 min to update the damn radio lol.
Update only took 10-15 mins. Instruction sheets they sent says do fast update. Only do regular update if 1st time installing

1 - 20 of 51 Posts