Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all,
I'm new to this forum and just purchased a 2020 kia soul. It has 20k miles when I purchased it. This morning, as I put car in reverse to leave for work, I could not steer the wheel. The EPS light was on. I could not miss work so I drove the car with manual steering. I have an appointment with a Kia dealership but they said that Kia will refund my rental fees if it is a Kia issue. How would it not be a Kia issue? Not happy at all.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The Soul has Electronic Power Steering, so, the first thing to check would be the Fuses. Well, I would, anyway.

Good Luck with that.
:cool:
PS: How did that Manual Steering work out for you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Soul has Electronic Power Steering, so, the first thing to check would be the Fuses. Well, I would, anyway.

Good Luck with that.
PS: How did that Manual Steering work out for you?
Thank you! I have to drive it to the dealership tonight so they can take a look. They said Kia would refund for rental fees if they find it is a Kia factory issue. How could it be anything but. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Ever hear the saying "Sh** Happens" ?
I bought a brand new, right off the truck, 2009 Suzuki SX4 and only got a mile from the dealership before it died and refused to start. My new car was towed back to the dealer, and I went home in a SX4 Loaner.
Five days later, they called me to come back and get my NEW car. They had finally found a loose connector under the battery box, that prevented the alternator from charging. I never had any problem with that car again, in four years.

We all know that every new car is supposed to be perfect, but then life takes over.....and "Stuff Happens".

Be careful, and be safe, driving that car with Manual Steering.

·
Registered
866 Posts
There is a service action SA409 for the electric power steering logic. What you may have experienced could potentially be remedied by going to the dealer for service and having the updates installed. There may be another issue on your car but it is always a good idea to have your car regularly serviced and checked for any updates that can save you headaches down the road. It would be wonderful if we lived in a perfect world where our phones, computers or now our computer controlled cars never required any updates to fix bugs but unfortunately that is not the case. Hope your issue is resolved right away.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
For over 40 years, I've worked on Personal Computers (PC's). No computer needs attention worse than a brand new one, right out of the box. After a complete Setup, to include tweaking and tuning, which can take over an hour to complete, a PC can then run for a year to more without an additional Tune-Up. For many years, I've provided my customers with annual Tune-Ups at a very nominal fee, to including cleaning and updating.
Today, our cars don't get Tune-Ups like they did years ago. I always did my own.
Most people today, will trade off their cars before they even need new spark plugs.

Cheers Mates,

·
Registered
568 Posts
Still using Windows operating systems here on the PCs. Every update/upgrade is done immediately, largely for security reasons but also for performance reasons.

Service updates on automobiles should be performed faithfully and without question.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Heaven forbid, that our Soul upgrades work as bad as Microsoft updates. I've taken MANY service calls on PC's that were hosed by a MS update gone awry. For that very reason, I disable all MS automatic updates. Better safe, than sorry.

So far, the KIA Soul updates seem to be of good quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts