Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just bought a new 2020 Kia Soul LX. It is upgraded to the automatic. I didn't need all the extra tech inside. The one thing that I really wanted was remote start. It is only $450 dollars to add it to a new car build, but my local dealer gave me $4,500 dollars off of msrp if I took a car on his lot. I couldn't pass up the deal. I walked off the lot with a brand new Soul for $17,000 usd. That is a damn good deal. So I'm wanting to add a remote start system. I don't mind aftermarket. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? The aftermarket options seems to be cheaper, but idk anything about good brands for such a system.

I did ask the dealer if they could install the factory remote start as an upgrade to the one I just purchased, but they quoted me for $650.....yikes. Labor isn't free.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
So...If I understand this correctly you paid $17,000.00 Out the Door with sales tax, dmv fees, misc dealer fees included?
Does an LX sell for an MSRP of $21,500.00 (17,000 paid + 4500 saved)???
I waned the factory Kia auto start system as it's a plug & play system.
My dealer included a viper system with my purchase which I have not been happy with f.w.i.w.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts
I have had Avital remote start system for about 8 years now. Just check to see if whatever you chose is compatible with your year model.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I use the Uvo Connect option and while it's a little buggy, there's nothing quite like getting into your car and having it nice and cool inside. The app also has a feature that allows you to set the temperature, AND turn the defroster on. The level of control makes me wonder how much the service will cost once my free 1 year is up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The UVO app works pretty well after getting to connect the first time. Remote start and climate is nice.
Then I got the notice of the subscription packages after the first free year. Guess I'll have to see how much I use it for the next year and if it's worth the cost.

LITE Free*
Trip Info
911 Connect
Maintenance Reminder

CARE Package 9.99 mo / 99.00 annually
additional features

Vehicle Alarm Notification
Curfew Alert
Roadside Assistance
Diagnostic Alerts
Valet Alert
Geofence Alert
Speed Alert
Panic Button Notification

PLUS Package 22.50 mo / 225.00 annually
additional features

Remote Lock & Unlock
Remote Climate
Find My Car
Remote Horn & Lights
Remote Start & Stop

ULTIMATE 29.79 mo /297.00 annually
additional features

Send Destination to Car
UVO Skill (Amazon Alexa)
UVO Agent (Google Assistant)
UVO Voice Assist

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think I may put that $225/yr and turn it into an aftermarket remote start... The app is acceptable only because it's free. You have to wait 30 seconds minimum from the time you tell it to start the car, before the car receives the signal from uvo. Not a big deal, because it's free, but for 22.50/mo, no thank you.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,477 Posts
So...If I understand this correctly you paid $17,000.00 Out the Door with sales tax, dmv fees, misc dealer fees included?
Does an LX sell for an MSRP of $21,500.00 (17,000 paid + 4500 saved)???
I waned the factory Kia auto start system as it's a plug & play system.
My dealer included a viper system with my purchase which I have not been happy with f.w.i.w.
I wondered that too srad. When people quote prices they paid on a car, it's important to specify if that's out the door or the sale price.

Also important to note if this car had extra miles (like a demo), or a blemish someplace. In my area, there's over 10% sales tax added, plus some various license fees. Those of course cannot be negotiated.

It would be nice if the poster came back to make Post #2 from the original, 20 days ago.

One thing I know, the dealer ALWAYS wins. A GOOD DEALER makes you think you won :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I think I may put that $225/yr and turn it into an aftermarket remote start... The app is acceptable only because it's free. You have to wait 30 seconds minimum from the time you tell it to start the car, before the car receives the signal from uvo. Not a big deal, because it's free, but for 22.50/mo, no thank you.
Here In Canada we get the app for 5 years, since I usually trade every 4 years it won't be an issue for me, however I do like that you get a reminder when the car is not locked or the hood is open. It is also nice that you can check with the app that doors are locked and engine is off, small things maybe but put together I find the app useful.

Pat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here In Canada we get the app for 5 years, since I usually trade every 4 years it won't be an issue for me, however I do like that you get a reminder when the car is not locked or the hood is open. It is also nice that you can check with the app that doors are locked and engine is off, small things maybe but put together I find the app useful.

Pat.
Yeah, it's a bit expensive. But I noticed you can set a schedule to start the climate, so technically, you and automate the remote start, plus you get a notification when it starts. I'll be interested in how the app develops in the next year before I have to decide.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I wondered that too srad. When people quote prices they paid on a car, it's important to specify if that's out the door or the sale price.

Also important to note if this car had extra miles (like a demo), or a blemish someplace. In my area, there's over 10% sales tax added, plus some various license fees. Those of course cannot be negotiated.

It would be nice if the poster came back to make Post #2 from the original, 20 days ago.

One thing I know, the dealer ALWAYS wins. A GOOD DEALER makes you think you won :)

I shopped hard and pitted 3 dealers against each other for the best price I could find.
In the end I walked Out the Door at $17,500 with ALL taxes, DMV fees, Dealer fees, applicable rebates applied (no trade in) and a viper remote start for my troubles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts