Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just bought a 2020 GT 2.0L. After a few hundred miles I was questioning the alignment so I brought it in for service. I was surprised to learn when I brought it in that there had been a "recall" on the IVT. I was told they would update some software and if the update "took", I would be all set, otherwise I would need a new transmission on a car I bought 2 weeks ago! They said the update did the trick and the IVT was tested to function properly. This did not address my alignment concerns but that's another thread.
That's interesting and I just checked for any recalls on the 2020 kia soul and found none. There are TSBs that have been issued but none specific to the IVT although a few do apply to alignment:

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,902 Posts
Reactions: wild willy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesting, I was at my dealership today getting an Oil and filter chang, (1260 miles, 1st change). That also did an SA424 logic update on the ITV. I asked the service writer what it did. He said it was to correct some problems with the computer’s logic. Kia is doing on all their IVT’s as they come I for service. I wonder what’s with the update. The service writer sa they haven’t seen any problems at their shop, but that there are a few problems that other dealers have reported to Kia.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Since the update, I notice my tach jumps around a lot more than it did......almost like the tranny is confused
I have about a 20 minute drive from home to the dealershi. On that drive home, did not notice any abnormal jumping around on the tach. Engine noise was normal - nothing unusual. How long after the logic update did you notice anything unusua?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have about a 20 minute drive from home to the dealershi. On that drive home, did not notice any abnormal jumping around on the tach. Engine noise was normal - nothing unusual. How long after the logic update did you notice anything unusua?
When I got it on the highway....drove it today, and it was fine. It is my wife's car....like the car...it just has no balls what-so-ever. Like driving a fancy golf cart

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Oh my Gawd, Willy, "a fancy golf cart"? Then your car is Nothing like mine! Are you absolutely sure that it's a Kia Soul? Maybe it's really a Cushman. :ROFLMAO:
Both of my Souls, the 2013 and the 2020 ran/run like scalded cats! But then, I broke them both in FAST, and never babied them. I suspect that your car is not even broken in yet.

The way a car is driven during the break-in period, sets the tone for the way it will run for the rest of its life.
Regardless of what the OM says. I can't stress that enough.
Worse thing I ever saw in print, on any forum, was the guy who said, "I'm going to break it in nice and slow, so as not to hurt it!". (what a total idiot!) I don't think that was on this forum.

Cheers Mate!
:cool:

·
Registered
623 Posts
The way a car is driven during the break-in period, sets the tone for the way it will run for the rest of its life.
Regardless of what the OM says. I can't stress that enough.
Worse thing I ever saw in print, on any forum, was the guy who said, "I'm going to break it in nice and slow, so as not to hurt it!". (what a total idiot!) I don't think that was on this forum.

Cheers Mate!
:cool:
Anecdotal BS.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Paraphrasing, "Follow the manual because the KIA engineers are all-knowing since they designed and built this 'perfect' thing" followed and contradicted by "Regardless of what the OM says, Ignore that and Do what I do because I know better". Illogic and contradictions don't help. Jiminy Crickets.

Greg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts