Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous KIA Soul (2015 Soul Base-AT) had reached 96,000 miles. In all of that time, the only mechanical matter that had to be addressed was replacing the Catalytic Converter at 53,000 miles. This was while I had been making pizza deliveries for the first 2 1/2 years.

Yesterday, after having considered doing so for some time, I visited the local KIA dealer to see what kind of deal we could work out. Needless to say...and with a photo...I came away with a new 2020 KIA Soul...and, again, in Black. :)

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
519 Posts
Sweet ride, it looks GREAT!
Glad to see another, shall I say, "seasoned" Soul owner on here. I won't feel so alone! ? ?

Reactions: Lewis.T

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts
Welcome. Love black Souls :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had my first road trip from the 5th to the 12th. Drove from Atlanta down to the Brunswick area where my older daughter's family bought a home in August. They previously had been renting on St. Simon's Island. The new car did splendidly!!! I was cruising at 83-84 MPH, A/C on and still showing 29.3 MPG. The 2015 with the 1.6 engine would still cruise just fine...but was showing 27.6 most of the time. I can fill up at Sam's Club near me and make it to the Sam's Club near their home on one tank....as long as I don't totally load down the car. :) Some of the new features are nifty....but, I do miss the Sirius XM radio...but not that much. The ability to project GPS to the dash view screen is nice...but, it removes the ability to play my own tracks from the USB Flash Drive. However, my phone carrier includes Amazon Prime at no additional charge so, I can use Bluetooth to play Amazon Music ... which is nice in its own way. Still, though, unless my phone has a constant internet connection, using the GPS on the viewscreen simply is more annoying than not.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
519 Posts
Had my first road trip from the 5th to the 12th. Drove from Atlanta down to the Brunswick area where my older daughter's family bought a home in August. They previously had been renting on St. Simon's Island. The new car did splendidly!!! I was cruising at 83-84 MPH, A/C on and still showing 29.3 MPG. The 2015 with the 1.6 engine would still cruise just fine...but was showing 27.6 most of the time. I can fill up at Sam's Club near me and make it to the Sam's Club near their home on one tank....as long as I don't totally load down the car. :) Some of the new features are nifty....but, I do miss the Sirius XM radio...but not that much. The ability to project GPS to the dash view screen is nice...but, it removes the ability to play my own tracks from the USB Flash Drive. However, my phone carrier includes Amazon Prime at no additional charge so, I can use Bluetooth to play Amazon Music ... which is nice in its own way. Still, though, unless my phone has a constant internet connection, using the GPS on the viewscreen simply is more annoying than not.
Although I have an older model with the smaller, non-nav head unit, and since my phone also has a data cap, I found it easy enough to just use Bluetooth for streaming music and navigation. I download albums from Amazon Music to the phone onto an SD card ahead of time and just turned off my data connection altogether. I had also download offline Google maps of the regions I'll be traveling through and to, and turn-by-turn nav along with the Amazon music just worked perfectly fine using BT. This is how I used my phone when taking a short roadtrip vacation just a few weeks after buying the car. I really hadn't had enough time with the car by that time to figure out what all my car's tech did and didn't do (it's a five year old car). My method isn't for most and requires some planning ahead, but once driving it was relatively fuss-free. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts