2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,744 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your literally disabling a feature that is meant to save engine wear and fuel economy...

With that being said over never heard of a dealer, regardless of brand, denying warranty work for it, but it could be a far reached possibility....

I myself hate the start stop and use an Elim as well...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does constantly re starting an engine saving wear on it?
I'm sure you feel a shuddering when you lift off the brake pedal when you go from a stop to start. That's the engine not only starting, but trying to move the car forward. Remember the engine has been off for a couple of seconds/minutes, with no oil circulation. The bearings have very little oil at this time to protect them when starting, along with trying to push the car forward! IMHO For some reason when the engine fails, the piston rings prematurely break down number 3 bearing fails or number 3 rod is thrown.

·
Registered
2022 LX
31 Posts
Prius starts and stops all of the time, they hold up for several hundred thousand miles the biggest issue I have with it is when I come down my driveway and stop,it turns off but restarts when I put it in park, that is a silly feature.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Prius starts and stops all of the time, they hold up for several hundred thousand miles the biggest issue I have with it is when I come down my driveway and stop,it turns off but restarts when I put it in park, that is a silly feature.
I also have a 2020 Toyota RAV4 hybrid, with the start & go. In addition, it has an electric motor helping it move forward.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't stand that feature, i just turn it off everytime i start my car. I just don't get it, how in the world does that feature does not affect the engine when its constantly turning on and off, SMH.
Manufacturers are focused on saving gas whether it's the ISG system or the extra thin motor oil. Their trying to save gasoline, and care less about engine longevity!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,744 Posts
Manufacturers are focused on saving gas whether it's the ISG system or the extra thin motor oil. Their trying to save gasoline, and care less about engine longevity!
Good point billy. Same genius behind the GDI introduction. Save a little gas upfront & launch a host of other problems later.

·
Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
681 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
One exception the MG -motor generator on a prius re-starts the engine. the same one that powers it.. Prius's do not have conventional starters lie a normal ICE.. so yes it will wear out the starter on a soul much faster..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts