Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,938 Posts
I hit pot holes all the time with the crummy roads around here. If there’s no noises coming from it, it’s probably fine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is, all the pot holes add up. Their doing construction. They cut across the road. It's not super deep. Had a mental lapse and drove right across it. I didn't slow down. I wasn't speeding. Just felt it.

· Registered
1,938 Posts
When I hit a big pothole I usually curse, loudly, then complain to myself how the city and state wastes so much money on a bunch stupid things but can’t be bothered with paving roads or filling potholes. Then a mile down the street I forgot all about it and move on with life (until I hit the same pothole again the next day 😂). The car’s suspension can take it. Sure it will wear out faster, but what are you going to do? If there’s no noise or issues now you’re fine.

· Registered
452 Posts
The initial problem, if it even happens, is the alignment will be knocked out of specs. If you're concerned about ball joints, they are very durable unless your car actually falls into a giant hole. But they do wear out. I've had cars where they were fine for over 200,000 miles.

· Registered
684 Posts
There’s been heavy road construction that just finished up. I have had to navigate it any time I went out for the past 3 years. i haven’t had any problem with my suspension or alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts