They seem to have added features to the base models. Of course, my 2013 was Gen 1, and I don't know what went into the Gen 2 versions. The 2013 was pure Base, with a manual transmission, so it didn't even have the features added when you opted for the automatic transmission. Even so, it felt like a well-equipped little box on wheels, at least to me. For the 2020, I went for the LX with ITV, since my wife insisted on an automatic. Here are some of the notable things in my 2020 that weren't in the 2013 Base model:.My impression was, that's a choice of the importer. And every country's features are different. For example, I've got a Soul that's one year newer than yours but with AT. Auto up/down window only on driver side, no side repeaters, no heated mirrors. My understanding is that the 2015 MT was missing the cruise and center armrest. No rear cam (yours probably doesn't have one either).
They keep looking for the formula that will maintain sales (not increase cost too much) and profits. It's a corporation, they all do that. I gather that the 2020s incorporate some expensive driver-assist features.
- Electric adjusted side mirrors.
- Remote key fob.
- Seat height adjustment (manual)
- Touch screen console
- Rear camera (LOVE THIS!)
- Apple Auto Play and Android Auto
- ISG (didn't want that) (comes with the IVT in LX trim)
- Spare tire!
- Center armrest/bin (only with the IVT in LX)
- Digital speedometer display with extras
- Much more refined ride with less road noise
- More power from 2.0 L Atkinson-cycle engine
- Manual shift option with IVT (only if you want it - my 2013 was a stick shift)
- Sunglasses (or taco) compartment below mirror.