Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First issue I have had with my kia soul.... the battery, alternator, and starter check out fine but randomly I will go to turn the key and click click click. If I put jumper cables on and jump it, it start with in 30 seconds of being hooked up.....

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
820 Posts
It seems to be tight on the battery and the frame, is there another way to check it?

Have you tried searching these forums yet? These issues of intermittent starting often occur with the Generation 1 Souls and has been discussed pretty thoroughly, even as early as last week. Give it a try.

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
96 Posts
My wife's 2015 did that.
Testing never did track it down. Since we were both driving Gen 2 souls, I swapped batteries on a whim.
Then mine began not wanting to start.
New battery cured it. Not sure why it didn't test out. That was 3 years ago now problem.
Just a thought - but I had the luxury of another battery.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Suggest you unbolt the ground strap, clean and reassemble.
Have you measured resistance from battery negative post to engine? Should be only about 1 ohm.
What is battery voltage when attempting to start?
a. At battery?
b. At starter?

BTW: Your issue is generation generic, but for any future questions, 2014-2019 is gen 2.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My starter went out in three years so I replaced it with the advance auto lifetime warranty starter, I think it's your starter

·
Registered
552 Posts
2019 is a bit early for starter issues, hence the request for battery voltages.
I hear ya, it was actually the Solenoid that went bad.

I will go to turn the key and click click click.
It did exactly that, and if I keep turning the key it would eventually start. I did that for about a month and then it just quit starting.

But when you turn the key and you get the click click click, first thing that comes to my mind is a weak battery or a bad connection.

Good luck with it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like what mine did. I knew the battery was good so I bought a starter. When i was removing the original I saw green corrosion at the terminal ends. Cleaned it up and reassembled. Hasn’t hesitated to start again. Returned the replacement starter to Amazon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts