Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good. What’s it loo like when collasped ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This looks awesome! I was planning on doing the exact same with my 2017. How did it go and does it feel sturdy when sleeping? I was a little worried about whether it would be too much weight up there.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,983 Posts
This looks awesome! I was planning on doing the exact same with my 2017. How did it go and does it feel sturdy when sleeping? I was a little worried about whether it would be too much weight up there.
I think you'd be fine weight wise. The B pillar on the Soul is ultra high strength steel. It can take a big impact designed to keep the roof from collapsing.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Seems like it might be a bit hazardous if I had to get up and climb down to take a whiz in the middle of the night.
What's the benefit of being up there and not on the ground? :unsure:

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts
Some people don't like the thought of sleeping on worms, crawling around underneath you.
Vermiphobia

·
Registered
686 Posts
I haven't camped in a tent for years. The only thing I didn't like about setting it up on the ground was the cheapo air mattress I had that refused to stay inflated. That, and trying to put the stakes into really hard ground and bending the stakes. Or soft ground where they get no grip. I guess I could have got a tent that did not depend on those to stay up. Last time I camped I had a good air mattress, and electric pump. Slept in the back of the Soul, which was fine for 1. The tent is no doubt roomier. I was in the middle of the Mojave desert, free camping. I could have had a circus tent, there was lots of open space, and nobody else there. Perfect. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts