Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got her a week ago. Already put 500 miles on it on a road trip and LOVE IT!!
I've been pretty set on either getting a Niro or a Soul. In the end, I was leaning toward the Soul as I could get all the "bells and whistles" on the Soul for cheaper than a base Niro. Anyway, a dealer near me happened to have this one with the Tech Package and the Sunroof (which I was wanting both), plus it came with the puddle lights, spoiler, and carpeted floor mats options.

2018-08-21_6-09-00.jpg 39715615_2172203929703662_7828913936731734016_n.jpg View attachment 117359

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome from another another TN soul. This time last year when I bought mine, that color was new and only available on top of the line models. I added another blue car to my string of 3 blue in a row instead. Although its not the 'right' shade, that orange has been pretty popular up here in Big Orange country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from another another TN soul. This time last year when I bought mine, that color was new and only available on top of the line models. I added another blue car to my string of 3 blue in a row instead. Although its not the 'right' shade, that orange has been pretty popular up here in Big Orange country.
Yeah, I didn't even know this color was an option. Honestly, I probably would have been ok with any color, but I really do like this color. I'm a Star Wars geek as well, so this is pretty close to the jumpsuit colors of the X-Wing pilots, so I'm calling it "Rogue One". I also costume as a pilot, so I'll eventually have to get a pic with me "piloting" it.
Rebel Pilot1.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats. We have the exact same config, including color. Absolutely loving it so far at about 1800 miles.

For 2019, Wild Orange lives on, but is now only available on the + model. Seems odd that they would take a color that was exclusive to the top-end model and drop it down a notch the next year, while eliminating it from the !.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huh... I didn't know that's what they were going with on the 2019. I mean, I looked at the differences between the 2018 and 2019 models... except the color option. LOL
Anyway, yeah, that is weird.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We had our Wild Orange '18 detailed today. It came "bare" from the dealer, right off the truck - no overpriced stealership "paint protection" BS. Had it properly done with a 3-step process by a local mobile guy who does fantastic work. It amazes me how much more the paint now pops - this pic really does it no justice...

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,003 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

Reactions: Vesper2112

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did the sticker thing a while back but forgot to post it here. Nothing major or anything. Initially, I thought this would make it to where my friends would know it's my car, but I haven't seen this color Soul around the area. Whatever. Hopefully the car stands out enough to help prevent anyone running into me.
Still loving it! Will have had it a year later this month. Already have 12500 miles on it (several Nashville trips). I'll be taking it to Tampa at the end of the month. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!!

Reactions: Hawker

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
519 Posts
Just revisiting this thread...man I love this car. The color, the black spoiler and the hood. I'm not a Star Wars guy...but it does look cool.

I agree! That color just works with the Soul. ?

·
Registered
602 Posts
By the way...the actual name for that color is Ignition Orange. If I ever find an EX model with under 100K miles...I'll buy it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts