Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

2018 Kia + paint chipping

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mjhammer 
#1 ·
Hi, purchased my sweet 2018 Kia used a few months ago. Mileage is just under 60k. I noticed a couple of rusts on the door and few paint chips on the hood. Anyone having paint issue and it is covered by the warranty?

See less See more
#2 ·
The hood thing is pretty common, honestly on most cars. I'm not sure it's a "paint issue" as a damage from small rocks thrown up by other vehicles issue. You can buy a protective wind shield for the front hood (lots of info on this forum about that).

For sure paint these days isn't as strong as earlier cars. I'd get that rust resolved and touched up sooner than later. Is that the B pillar on the body? Again that was damaged and the paint was compromised. I think that's actually black tape (you can buy that online).

All the best!

Reactions: Toks112 and Kerig3
#3 ·
I've used ospho to stop the rust prior to painting.

When applied to rusted surfaces, OSPHO causes iron oxide (rust) to chemically change to iron phosphate - an inert, hard substance that turns the metal black. Where rust is exceedingly heavy, two coats of OSPHO may be necessary to thoroughly penetrate and blacken the surface to be painted.

Reactions: Toks112 and GeoSoul
#8 ·
. . . as easy as 1 2 3 🎶

Reactions: eGAK009 and Toks112
#10 ·
I do have a spot on the hood that is just a plain paint error. It's not a chip, it's literally a spot on the hood that the paint is compromised. It's about the size of walnut, and impossible to get rid of. rubbing compound did not help. Mechanical buffing did not help. The whole rest of the hood is wonderful. I've been contemplating just having that spot repaired if possible. It hasn't quite gotten bad enough for me to investigate that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.